Senior Payments Analyst
The Department of Shared Services provides a wide range of business, administrative and support services to faculty, staff and students in a high quality, effective and efficient manner. It supports the teaching and research mission of the University by enabling unit-level staff to access and transact support services easily and readily for faculty, staff, and/or students. The department provides successful leadership and management of infrastructure functions delivering effective, efficient and value-adding services and processes to the institution that are directly aligned to customer needs.
This position will work remote with the possibility of 1-2 days a week on campus.
The Senior Payments Analyst performs professional duties related to the administration, analysis, and maintenance of university financial applications relating to vendor payments, student refund payments, employee reimbursements, and travel and expense payments. Focus is on control of system operations, timely service provided to internal/external constituents, customers and regulatory compliance.
- Manage vendor record management processes to ensure accuracy and compliance and to prevent fraud during maintenance of master file; suggest improvements to existing processes.
- Understand and comply with the University's Internal Control Policy.
- Develop relationships with vendors and act as a resource to provide answers to questions and securely make requested updates; facilitate adoption of a mutually beneficial payment method.
- Act as a liaison to internal customers in matters pertaining to vendor records and payments.
- Generate, transmit, and reconcile accounts payable payments.
- Prepare IRS Forms 1099 and 1042 for students, staff, and vendor/suppliers and ensure timely distribution of all notices in accordance with IRS requirements.
- Prepare and test tax filing submissions to the IRS to ensure timely submission deadlines are met.
- Process and reconcile returned checks, voided transactions, special transactions and other matters.
- Assist payments team members as directed by management.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of payment systems principles and practices and compliance with university policy.
- Understanding and knowledge of business processes and systems.
- Understanding and appreciation for automation and the use of technology as an enabler of high quality services and performance levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of higher education culture, governance, structures and mission.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and compliance.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Decision Making/Judgment: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
- Inclusiveness: Actively creates and supports an inclusive and equitable workplace by embedding diversity into all aspects of the workplace. This may include policies, procedures, training, mission, values, goals, office climate and culture, interactions with colleagues and co-workers, leadership practices, programming, hiring, marketing, evaluation, promotion, and other workplace dimensions.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of a direct payments role.
- Bachelor's degree in related field i.e. business administration.
- 2-4 years of direct experience in a payments role.
- Experience in a higher education working environment.
- Experience with Banner Finance.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Sunday, November 29th, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.