Licensed Practical Nurse - Pediatrics Genetics
Job no: 515083
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:29091100 - MD-PEDS-GENETICS
Advertised: 12 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Licensed Practical Nurse - Pediatrics GeneticsJob Description:
The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics and Metabolism is seeking candidates with previous experience in an outpatient pediatric clinic for a Licensed Practical Nurse position. The Division of Genetics and Metabolism provides genetic counseling, consultation, and nutrition services to children, adults, and families who are affected by genetic conditions. This Licensed Practical Nurse position is an integral part of the Genetics team and will assist all clinical staff within the division.
Duties to include:
- First point of contact for all newborn screens from State lab.
- Review and disseminate information to appropriate personnel.
- Organize and maintain newborn screening records to ensure accuracy of information.
- Contact patient’s primary care provider (PCP) and family for all non-emergent newborn screenings (NBS) and recommend confirmatory testing as directed by the nutritionists and/or genetic counselors.
- Provide support information to families.
- Track patient tests and results for all newborn screens.
- Discuss results with clinical staff and follow up on tests with outside agencies for completion.
- Send out test kits for home testing.
- Complete prior authorizations for genetic testing, medications, formulas and foods.
- Track authorizations and result status and forward to appropriate personnel.
- Schedule patients as directed by the doctors, dietitians, and genetic counselors as part of the newborn screening.
- Completion of reporting forms and state required reports.
$19.00-$21.00; commensurate within this range based on qualifications and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Licensed as a practical nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.Preferred Qualifications:
Previous experience in outpatient Pediatric clinics.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, please attach your resume and list of references.
Normal work schedule will be Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: