Finance Generalist and Insurance Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-12
The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases at the University of Virginia seeks a Finance Generalist to provide timely and accurate processing of routine and non-routine financial transactions for the Division’s Infectious Disease clinic. The candidate is responsible for processing invoices, completing account reconciliations, and navigating the university’s procurement processes, and assist in budget development, financial reporting and variance analysis.
In addition, the candidate will also perform the role of Insurance Coordinator and will work closely with clients living with HIV/AIDS who have multiple psychosocial and/or health related needs. They will act as the lead for ACA open enrollment annually, be the point person for Special ACA Enrollment, and the lead for Medicaid enrollments throughout the year. He/She will lead the team of CAC’s (temps or case managers) with required training/certification renewal and preparation for open enrollment, scheduling appointments, and meeting with clients for enrollment and follow up, and communicates enrollment information to VDH during open enrollment. The Insurance Coordinator will be supervised by the Medical Case Manager Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately and timely process invoices, payment vouchers, purchase orders, reimbursements, travel and expense card transactions, and other financial transactions.
- Maintain proper transaction documentation in compliance with records management policies
- Complete monthly account reconciliations on assigned projects and accounts.
- Assist program manager complete monthly financial reports for grant funding sponsors
- Conduct monthly reviews of all fund balances to ensure proper management and avoid deficit accounts.
- Research and remedy account deficits in timely manner by facilitating approved cost transfers.
- Process travel workbooks and reimbursements for all faculty and staff
- Prepare monthly financial review of divisional funds
- Assist with division monthly financial variance analysis reports
- Manage and resolve financial and procurement inquiries from vendors, employees and internal departments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with clients as requested by providers to assist with insurance/med access needs and monitor EPIC schedule daily for those patients with no insurance to ensure appropriate insurance for patients and accurate billing for clinic.
- Work with Virginia Department of Health (VDH) to ensure MPAP premium payments are made and work with VDH for accurate date sharing process. Obtain Ramsell card for HIMPA, ICAP and MPAP participates. Obtain pharmacy information list for ACA/ Medicaid Insurance companies, and work with VA MAP and NMCM VA MAP contact to ensure VA MAP paperwork in complete and active.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of clinic Medicaid clients and work to help patients with Medicaid annual reviews to prevent gaps in coverage. Keep spreadsheet of clinic ACA clients, do account tune ups mid-year for accuracy and to ensure readiness for open enrollment. Direct Medicare eligible clients to appropriate resources for enrollment and assist Medicare Part D clients to prevent gaps in coverage.
- Attend annual Benefits training through ACE, The Marketplace, and MAAETC, assist ACA clients to report changes, follow up on outstanding documents that need to be completed by clients for Marketplace enrollment and Medicaid application, and work with patients to resolve issues with insurance, including medication access issues, gaps in care.
- Work with clients to submit PFS annually as necessary to ensure RW is payer of last resort.
Minimum education requirement is a bachelor’s degree in a human service field. Prior working experience with the HIV/AIDS community is preferred. The incumbent must have demonstrated analytical and well developed verbal and written communication skills.
To apply please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for "R0019990". Complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the CV/Resume box.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for 3 references
Please note multiple documents can be submitted in the CV/Resume Box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.
The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.