Assistant Director of Pre-Award, OSP
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-11
The UVA Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is seeking an Assistant Director of Pre-Award, reporting to the Executive Director of Sponsored Programs, to perform pre-award job responsibilities in response to sponsor and University requirements.
OSP's mission is to provide leadership in research administration, support the research endeavors of University faculty, ensure the responsible stewardship of research funding, and oversee the submission of proposals and the negotiation and acceptance of awards by the University according to State, University and sponsor regulations.
The Assistant Director of Pre-Award position functions in the University's central sponsored programs office, which is responsible for the review and submission of proposals for several schools and units, regulatory compliance, and non-financial post award fiscal reporting and compliance.
The Assistant Director of Pre-Award oversees and supervises a team consisting of Pre-Award Assistants, Administrators and Senior Administrators in carrying out pre-award functions including, but not limited to, proposal review and submission, review, negotiation and acceptance of grant terms and conditions, review and negotiation of contracts from foundations and contract amendments, issuance of outgoing subawards and award set-up and activation.
- Manage and supervise pre-award functions in the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Foster a cohesive team that works collaboratively to achieve unit's goals. Oversee the recruitment, performance, mentoring, and training of team members.
- Direct and develop work process improvements in order to meet critical timelines, sponsor expectations and reporting requirements.
- Lead important Sponsored Programs initiatives; assist with the development and implementation of campus level policy and business processes related to research administration, in collaboration with OSP and University stakeholders.
- Demonstrate leadership by providing oversight, guidance and technical expertise on complex pre-award sponsored project compliance matters.
- Serve on appropriate University committees as required.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: At least seven years of grant and contract experience, typically in an academic environment.
- Licensure: Certified Research Administrator (CRA) certification is typically held.
- Physical Demands: This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Anticipated hiring range: $105K - $115K commensurate with candidate's experience and qualifications, with UVA benefits.
For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Bethany Case, Academic Recruiter. Application review will begin November 23rd, however this position will remain open until filled, with a desired start date in December 2020. This position will be onboarded remotely and will work in-office once the University returns to regular operations.
Please apply through Workday, and search for “Assistant Director of Pre-Award, OSP". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter (addressed to Stewart Craig) and a CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.