Associate Research Physicist
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
This position is to develop and apply molecular dynamics (MD) and other atomistic simulations to various problems in low temperature plasma-surface interactions in plasma materials processing. A significant part of the activities will involve working closely with experimentalists to interpret laboratory measurements, including interactions with collaborators in industry.Responsibilities
The candidate will carry out research on:
- The development of atomistic simulation methods to understand the coupled chemical, physical and materials aspects of low temperature plasma-surface interactions.
- The application of the developed methods to low temperature plasma-surface interactions in integrated circuit manufacturing and the fabrication of materials associated with quantum devices.
- The interpretation of the computational results in terms of associated experimental studies.
Education and Experience:
- PhD in plasma science, engineering, or closely related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in atomistic simulations, and especially molecular dynamics
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo