Isolation Hall Director
While this position will interact with COVID-19 positive individuals, proper PPE will be provided. The live-in apartment will reside in a non-isolation hall. This position will have an end date of January 2022.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreResidence Life is an innovative and progressive organization that builds dynamic residential living and learning communities using practices that are socially just and sustainable. We are characterized by our dedicated, knowledgeable, and committed staff; our attractive facilities; outstanding dining experiences; state-of-the-art technology; and quality conference services. We promote experiences to support and challenge students to create the tools to build their lives and achieve academic success.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeOperations and Administration:
- Direct temporary assignment placement in coordination with Student Health Administrative Services
- Oversee key distribution, complete key audits and billing
- Collaborate with the facilities team to confirm room readiness for move-in and move-out
- Partner with Student Housing to update student housing records in StarRez database
- Provide oversight for contactless mail and package delivery
- Collaborate closely with Dining Services with coordination of meal delivery
- Be responsible for the safety and security of a residential environment
- May have supervision responsibilities of student staff
- Maintain a high attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- Maintain strict confidentiality, adhere to FERPA and HIPPA regulations
- Maintain regular interaction with facilities, environmental services, dining and other key university partners
- Perform other functions and assume other responsibilities related to operations as assigned
- Regular communication through duty reports, incident reports, e-mail notifications, and critical incident summaries as needed
- Provide customer service by responding to inquiries and complaints from students regarding immediate, basic and ongoing needs
- Serve as a staff presence by completing a daily round in isolation communities
- Partner with campus police and security team to ensure safety of students and facilities
- Refer students to appropriate supportive resources on campus
- Alongside campus partners coordinate and facilitate virtual programs to maintain student engagement and a sense of community within the isolation halls
- Identify concerns and trends for students in isolation and communicate to supervisor of residence hall leadership for immediate resolution
- Partner with student affairs and university offices to support the needs of isolated students
- Promote an inclusive student centered residential environment that supports the academic mission of the institution
- Assessment of procedures impact of experience and transition report
- Assist with student retention and persistence efforts
- Serve as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)
- Enforce public health orders, residence hall and university policy and seek proactive approaches to communicating with students
- Utilize Maxient database to report student conduct, crisis, and students of concern
- May serve in an on-call rotation and provide crisis management assistance and follow up
- Identify students of concern in the community and facilitate connection with university resources as appropriate
- Uphold all departmental and university crisis response policies and procedures
- The salary for this position is $47,476.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Courageous. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 2 years administrative experience
- Ability and willingness to follow CDC guidelines pertaining to COVID-19, including utilizing PPE
- Willingness to interact with COVID-19 positive individuals
- Experience working in a university or higher education environment
- Experience working in university housing
- Supervision experience
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 29, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Essential Services
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]