Assistant Retail Restaurant Manager
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreCampus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BePersonnel and Training:
- Provide support for hiring, training, and evaluation of high turnover for front line staff, including student employees, assigned production staff, sales assistants, administrative assistants, and materials handlers.
- Develop and deliver quality training programs for retail staff through formal sessions and on-the-job formats.
- Design, prepare and disseminate written procedures and updates to front line staff.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and thorough performance reviews for all assigned staff.
- Assist in the development of sophisticated, weekly staff schedule based on business forecasts, available staff, and business demands for approximately twenty (20) full-time employees and 150 80 student employees. Recommend staffing modifications based on business demands, staff availability, and design of new operations/services.
- Collect cash, credit, and declining balance revenues and disperses to financial and record keeping departments and be responsible for reconciliation of cash drawers, cash, and credit accounts daily.
- Educate and train staff to recognize, and apply knowledge of University theft policies to prevent and mitigate potential theft situations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quality work procedures and customer service practices. Work closely with staff in promoting a positive image for dining services as part of the larger employee training and development program within CDS.
- Report incidents and injuries through designated channels. Ensures safe/injury free work environment. Implement accident prevention programs as directed by the HDS Safety Manager.
- Supervise cleaning and sanitation practices of the work unit, including equipment, facility, storage, and receiving areas.
- Train personnel on safe use of equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Train personnel on safe opening/closing of the unit and use of security measures.
- Responsible for management of the late-night retail restaurants, and oversight of day-to-day activities of each in conjunction with the supervisors of the retail locations.
- Plan and supervise effective product sales in a fast paced retail operation with multiple food service venues.
- Ensure pricing and access to food products is market based and cost effective.
- Research and recommend modification of product line and production systems to improve efficiency and pricing.
- Participate in production analysis and forecasting through identification of food, paper, supplies, and equipment used for cash operations.
- Inventory, stock, and order products in a timely manner ensuring quality products and supplies are maintained. Ensure timely, accurate ordering and invoice control, and verify food and supplies received.
- Maintain sales records, forecasting, product ordering, and efficient use of fiscal resources. Resolve customer, staff, and vendor complaints and problems as they arise.
- With the aid of the Marketing Department; help develop marketing and promotional plans to increase revenue.
- Assist in the design, product research, costing, and implementation of new food service concepts including cash operations, carry out services, catering, and creative food programs.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the department’s strategic plan, long and short-range goals, and action plans.
- Analyze reports and monthly statements, ensures that all invoices are approved and paid correctly
- Analyze reports available in Micros to determine areas such as correct staffing levels, hours of operation, menu mix; create a P&L for each operation; manage both labor and operating budgets
- Review all invoices and compare sales and inventory statements to determine shrink.
- Ensure end of shift reports are submitted at close of shift nightly.
- Generate, analyze and/or manage all other reports as assigned.
- Ensure food production meets/exceeds Colorado retail food establishment’s rules and regulations as well as dining services SOP standards.
- Assists other Campus Dining operations and managers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work schedule 4:00pm- midnight Wednesday- Sunday.
- The salary range for this position starts at $48,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Challenged. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Visual Merchandizing, Business or related. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 2 Years supervisory experience in restaurants or retail stores.
- Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to obtain Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
- Ability to work in team driven environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Computer Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, POS systems.
- Commercial restaurant or catering experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Kronos Workforce.
- ServSafe Certified.
- Demonstrated Experience using Micros and CBORD FSS.
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 22, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Essential Services
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]