Building Support Worker
Present Position Number:
00752WRole Code Title:
HSKP & Apparel Serv Worker IPosition Title:
Building Support WorkerPosition Summary:
To support operations of the School of Education by setting up for special events.
To maintain the upkeep and cleanliness of campus buildings and to ensure a clean environment is maintained for all faculty, staff, students and visitors.Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of special event set up charts or diagrams.
- Ability to set up/prepare rooms independently once written instructions are issued.
- Knowledge of basic custodial services to include sweeping, vacuuming, dry and wet mopping, stripping & refinishing floors, spray buffing & shampooing floors, gathering & removal of trash, sanitizing restrooms and replenishing supplies.
- Ability to operate powered and manual cleaning equipment. Ability to care for and handle housekeeping supplies, equipment and assigned keys.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and work well with others.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have reading and writing skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to tolerate frequent bending and climbing stairs.
- Ability to properly mix chemicals.
- Ability to tolerate contact with cleaning products and solutions.
- Be adaptable to accommodate special events and/or unscheduled work assignments.Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning methods.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Previous experience in general custodial and/or housekeeping practices.Advertised Pay Range:
$27,000 commensurate with experienceDepartment:
951400 Building ServicesLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U02Job Open Date:
11/11/2020Job Close Date:
11/25/2020Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
The normal work schedule is 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with occasional overtime required.
This position is subject to overtime and schedule changes and may be required to work shifts during weekends, holidays and special events. This is a non-exempt position and eligible to receive overtime pay for hours worked over 40 with preapproval from supervisor. This position is subject to overtime and schedule changes and may be required to work shifts during weekends, holidays and special events.
This position has been designated as essential and will require reporting to work when the university is officially closed.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.