Utilities Technicial Supervisor
Present Position Number:
00747WRole Code Title:
Utility Plant Manager IPosition Title:
Utilities Technicial SupervisorPosition Summary:
Provides leadership, direction and performance management for utility technicians. First level supervisor responsible for the maintenance and operation of the central chilled water plants and satellite boilers as well as steam, hot and chilled water distribution systems including off-hour emergency response. The position includes underground storage tank regulation compliance, air permit data collection, planning for the distribution of chilled and hot water across the campus, developing / execution mechanical projects, chemical treatment program and utility consumption reporting.Required Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance related to boilers, chillers, hot water generators, ancillary equipment, and chemical treatment.
- Ability to manage day to day supervision of technicians.
- Supervisory and maintenance planning experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work off-hour coverage in rotation with utility technicians
- Johnson Control and Siemens Automation experience.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant License.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs to boilers, chillers and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to interpret construction specifications and drawings.
$60,000 - $70,000, Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment:
951100 Plant AdministrationLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U09Job Open Date:
11/11/2020Job Close Date:
12/11/2020Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
- This position has been designated as essential to the operation of the department, will require reporting to work when the University is officially closed and is subject to overtime.
- Incumbent will be required to participate in Facilities Management on-call program which may include working off-hour coverage in rotation with utility technicians
This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.