Director of Development
Present Position Number:
FP759WRole Code Title:
Director of DevelopmentPosition Summary:
The Director of Development is responsible for securing private support for assigned program(s). The incumbent will manage a major gift portfolio including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to the Raymond A. Mason School.
In addition, the Director of Development will manage the alumni volunteers, prepare proposals for prospects and donors, and work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Alumni Relations for engagement and partnership of our alumni.
• A bachelor’s degree required with significant or extensive professional level of experience or specialized expertise.
• Experience in fundraising with a well-developed vision and philosophy for fundraising in higher education.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including a commitment to both tactical and detailed fundraising planning.
• The ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting while being highly autonomous and to travel as required.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the complexities of a college setting.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
• Graduate degree desired, MBA or accounting strongly preferred.
• Experience in using Advance database.
• Significant experience in higher education development settings.
Commensurate with experienceDepartment:
3LA000 Development/Alumni FoundationLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U14Job Open Date:
11/11/2020Open Until Filled:
Full Time ProfessionalPosition Term:
12-MonthSpecial Application Instructions:
This position has been reopened all previous applications are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.Conditions of Employment::
Extensive travel in and out of the state; evening and weekend work is required.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. William & Mary conducts background checks on applicants for employment.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.