Vice President for Enrollment Management and Institutional Effectiveness
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Institutional EffectivenessRequisition Number:
Serving as a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Institutional Effectiveness provides leadership in the development, implementation and assessment of strategies to support the College’s recruitment and retention goals for all new and returning students. Primary areas of oversight include the Financial Aid department, Bursar’s office, Student Records & Registration, Admissions and Enrollment Management, Enrollment Management Systems, International Student Services, Institutional Research, and the College’s regional centers. In collaboration with the President and the other members of the President’s cabinet, the VP for Enrollment Management and Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for the development of data driven strategies to increase student enrollment for degree, non-degree, credit and non-credit students, while utilizing research and data to identify and remove barriers that would impede student success and retention. This position collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure positive enrollment growth based on student learning and development, as well as external stakeholders and City organizations to enhance recruitment strategies.Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership in the development, implementation and assessment of strategies to support recruitment and retention goals for all new and returning students in support of the College’s strategic plan.
• Provide leadership and oversight for assigned areas, including the Financial Aid department, Bursar’s Office, Student Records & Registration, Admissions and Enrollment Management, Enrollment Management Systems, International Student Services, Institutional Research, and the College’s regional centers.
• Plan, organize, lead, develop and implement a comprehensive enrollment management plan and related systems; ensuring a strong link between student demand, College-wide priorities and financial planning.
• Create, direct and evaluate innovative and comprehensive enrollment management strategies and programs driven by data-informed decisions.
• Develop and maintain a student-focused enrollment process to ensure students receive an integrated, efficient and effective experience in alignment with the College’s core values.
• Develop data driven strategies to increase student enrollment for degree, non-degree, credit and non-credit students; utilizing research and data to identify and remove barriers that would impede student success and retention.
• Develop and implement assessment strategies to evaluate, analyze and improve the performance of enrollment management related services, initiatives and strategies.
• Utilize technology and innovation to enhance enrollment processes and deliver services in a manner that reinforces efforts to recruit and retain students.
• Analyze data related to enrollment and retention to ensure expected outcomes are met and provide recommendations and strategies to address any challenges.
• Oversee an enrollment management plan that demonstrates an understanding of the enrollment funnel and provides tracking of data points for the purpose of establishing clear goals to improve conversion rates.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and competence in student functionalities of the College’s ERP and CRM systems.
• Collaborate with IT to advance innovative and efficient technology solutions designed to meet the recruitment, outreach, operational and enrollment goals of the College.
• Collaborate with IT to ensure the College is maximizing its reporting tools allowing data-driven decisions to be made.
• Collaborate with IT to develop metrics and use analytics to assess the effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
• Ensure that monitoring systems are in place to track compliance with all federal, state and local laws/regulations and institutional policies and procedures, and that all staff have the training needed to comply with relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
• In collaboration with other areas, coordinate the use of the College’s customer relationship management (CRM) software.
• In collaboration with Marketing, develop and implement web-based strategies, including social networking, to build the College’s ability to attract and recruit students; implementing data driven strategies for expanding the potential market.
• Collaborate with academic departments to increase exposure of College programs to potential students working with, for example, traditional public schools and charter schools.
• Prepare, administer and monitor division/departmental budgets and make budget decisions in alignment with the College’s strategic plan.
• Communicate with the College community regarding enrollment goals, strategies, initiatives, progress and results.
• Remain current with trends, laws and regulations, promising practices and technologies related to Title IV federal student aid, educational enrollment processes and academic records management and integrate into practice.
• Collaborate with the Controller’s Office, State and external auditors for the AES/PHEAA and the A-133 audits to satisfy audit requirements.
• Participate in the College governance process through participation on standing committees, as appointed.
• Adhere to and foster high standards of ethical conduct, compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and appropriate financial oversight and controls.
• Observe safety, security and confidentiality precautions appropriate to work performed.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals and core values of the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s degree required.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of experience leading a comprehensive enrollment management function within higher education required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using student functionalities of ERP systems, such as Banner; and CRM systems, such as Recruit required.
• Proven success record and demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative enrollment strategies and initiatives required.
• Demonstrated ability to make data-informed decisions and drive results required.
• Strong leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate purposefully and effectively with faculty, staff, students and other constituencies in positive and inclusive ways required.
• Strong customer-focused orientation and analytical skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to use information technology to enhance operations and service delivery required.
• Extensive knowledge of current issues, trends, and best practices in the area of enrollment management required.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial aid program regulations required.
• Knowledge and understanding of FERPA and other federal and state privacy laws/mandates required.
• Commitment to a student success agenda and ability to work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community required.
• Ability to think critically, strategically and analytically required.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Doctorate degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience at a community college preferred.
• Previous experience in the areas of research and assessment preferred.
• Previous experience working in a unionized environment preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on November 19, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
8Job Posting Open Date:
10/29/2020Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :