Assessement & Evaluation Specialist (Part-Time)
Assessement & Evaluation Specialist (Part-Time)Requisition Number:
Under the direction of the Assessment Coordinator, the Assessment & Evaluation Specialist assists the office in the implementation of assessment projects and related activities. This position demonstrates technical knowledge in the collection of quantitative/qualitative data to assist the determining the scope and outcomes of assessment projects. The Assessment & Evaluation Specialist also provides assistance in the development and implementation of learning technologies in support of assessment related activities.
This is a part-time position with a work schedule not to exceed 25 hours per week.Specific Responsibilities:
• Support the Office of Assessment and Evaluation in developing and executing assessment projects at the course, program and institutional level.
• Provide support in the development of training materials and workshops on assessment practices.
• Utilize a Learning Management platform to support assessment activities.
• Assist in the coordination of data-collection processes, data visualization and producing reports.
• Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of designated information.
• Maintain the security and confidentiality of all student records and other documents on behalf of the work area and the College.
• Assist in the reporting of assessment data.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in Education, Educational Research, Social Science or related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Ability to utilize technology to support assessment within a Learning Management system required.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing required.
• Works well independently as well as part of a team required.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Strong attention to detail required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive student and institutional data required.
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word; Intermediate level proficiency in Excel required.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Relevant work experience within higher education is preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of assessment practices, diverse pedagogical methodologies, and best assessment practices for classroom, online and hybrid environments preferred.
• Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS) preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on November 19, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary is commensurate with relevant experienceJob Posting Open Date:
11/04/2020Type of Position:
Administrator - TempEmployment Status :