Associate Director Marketing & Communications
Category:: Staff and Administrators
Department:: 2210 (UADM-UG Admissions office)
Locations:: Worcester, MA
Posted:: Nov 11, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-time - Exempt
Ref. No.:: 199701
About Clark University:
Founded in 1887, Clark was one of the first all-graduate institutions in the United States. Today the University is a highly-ranked, student-centered institution educating approximately 2,350 undergraduate and 1,150 graduate students to be imaginative and contributing citizens of the world and to advance the frontiers of knowledge and understanding through rigorous scholarship and creative effort. This commitment to scholarship and inquiry reflects the University's commitment to "challenge convention and change our world" and to address issues of critical importance to society. It is also reflected by Clark's many national and international distinctions, including recognition for its diversity and inclusion efforts, innovation, community engagement and impact, as a top green campus, and for having a distinguished geography and international development program. Clark has also been included in the groundbreaking Colleges that Change Lives guide since it was first published in 1996.
Clark is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, a dynamic, diverse city "on the rise." The second largest city in New England, Worcester is home to 11 institutions of higher learning and is increasingly recognized for its growing healthcare and biotechnology communities, its thriving cultural scene, and as a vibrant food hub
Slate Email and SMS Platforms:
- Oversee the creation and successful implementation of all Slate email and SMS messaging
- Continuously review analytics related to electronic communications and respond accordingly
- Continuously review scheduled messages to make sure they are relevant, up to date with accurate information, and have working links
- Work with other staff members to make sure their messages go out to the appropriate constituents in a way that aligns with and reemphasizes Clark's messaging platform
Marketing Inventory & Calendar:
- Work with the Director of Admissions Outreach to make sure that we are meeting the deadlines for marketing materials in coordination with Marketing and Communications
- Keep inventory of marketing materials and notify the Director of Admissions Outreach when we need to reorder
Travel and Recruitment: (note: travel expectations will be very limited in this position, comprising no more than 5%):
- Plan all logistics associated with recruitment travel as called upon
- Travel to conferences, college fairs, high school visits and other off campus recruitment activities as needed
- Be able to give information sessions and cover the Bassett visitor center in periods of low staffing
First-Year Fall Application Review:
- As needed, read, evaluate, rate and make recommendations to the Vice President for Admissions and Financial Aid and the Admissions Committee on first-year applicants
- Make judgments on the admissibility of student applicants on the basis of institutional policy and independent analysis of applicant potential for success.
Digital/Search Engine Contract Management:
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships in a manner that will allow Clark to best leverage the services provided by key investments in vendor supported recruitment platforms including Capture, Niche, Cappex, Naviance, etc.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor's degree, required; Master's Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, Social Sciences, Marketing, Counseling or a related field, preferred.
- 3-4 years' experience at the professional level in college admissions or related campus-based work OR an equivalent set of related experiences.
- Valid driver's license, required.
- Strong public speaking skills; proven writing and verbal communications skills; strong project management skills, required.
- Market research skills including data analysis, focus groups, data interpretation, and survey skills.
- Basic computing skills (including word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with mainframe processing systems); prior experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access is essential. Previous experience with WordPress is optional.
- Ability to work independently and effectively within deadlines; evidence of having been a strong team player who works well on group projects, and ability to work effectively with students, parents, alumni, faculty, and other admissions clientele.
- Curiosity, creativity, and ability to manage research/creative projects independently.
- Higher education background with a focus on liberal arts education at small independent institutions, preferred.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research techniques, preferred
- Background reflecting an understanding of basic marketing principles, particularly those related to higher education.
- Clear understanding of student life and academic programs.
This is a Full-time position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks' vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a Clark University Careers Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Already have a Clark University Careers Account? Login to your account to add documents or update your account.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.