Office Assistant SBDC - RGC
Instructions to applicants:
Please provide resume and cover letterJob Title:
Office Assistant SBDC - RGCLocation:
Small Business Development Center RGCPosting Date:
$10.23 per hour 19 hours per weekRequired:
High school graduate or equivalent with business courses. Keyboarding 50 wpm; standard office machines; computer skills.Preferred:
More than three years experience, with part at SRSU or other related experience.Staffing Reason:
Function: Provides skilled administrative assistance and assumes minor administrative duties within framework of established policies.
Scope: Independently coordinates routine office or departmental clerical work according to established procedures and may process varied, complex or large volumes of material.
· Performs tasks requiring skill in keyboarding and computer usage;
· May transcribe varied material from dictation or draft;
· May type correspondence, forms, statistical reports, manuscripts, or proposals;
· Maintains and regularly updates social media sites for department as well as website;
· Composes routine correspondence and compiles reports;
· Maintains various records and filing systems;
· Handles and maintains confidential information;
· Serves as receptionist;
· Makes appointments, maintains schedules and travel arrangements;
· Maintains inventory and may order materials for department;
· May assist in responding to state reports.
· Other duties as assigned;
· Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times.
General instructions and work periodically reviewed by department head.Other Information:
Usual: Office conditions; standard hours. Position is Security Sensitive.
Special: Temporary Part-time position (09/30/2021), 19 hours per week; no benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System. It is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 2,000 students on campus in Alpine.
At an elevation of 4,480 feet in the scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park and Guadalupe National Park are all within one to three hours’ driving distance from Alpine.
See http://www.sulross.eduIs Background Check Required?: