Head CustodianUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Dept of Housing and Residential LifeRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$2,200-$2,800Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Ability to assess, assign, delegate and complete work on schedule as per departmental standards.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to establish rapport with variety of clients, interact with customers, mediate employee disputes both orally and written in English.
• Ability to perform all physical aspects of assigned duties, including stooping, reaching, climbing and lifting up to 30 pounds.
• PC computer skills with word processing, email, and computerized record keeping.
• Knowledge of HazCom principles to include HazCom, Right to Know, SDS, Lifting Techniques, etc.
• Ability to perform all custodial duties to assist subordinate staff; the team; the department and university.
• Valid Texas driver’s license.
• Must be able to work occasional irregular work hours including evenings, weekends and holidays as well as, serving “on-call” to meet the needs of the department and the university.
• Previous experience supervising custodial staff members
• Previous experience training custodial staff members.
• Experience working in student housing facilities
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Bilingual, Spanish/English
To provide leadership, coordination and supervision of custodial operations in TXST housing facilities to ensure clean, safe and sanitized environments. The Head Custodian directly supervises a staff of approximately 5-8 full time Custodians that service 2-4 residential facilities.Job Duties:
• Provide direct, hands-on supervision of custodial staff members as well as performing a wide variety of cleaning duties within an assigned area.
• Ensure that assigned facilities are maintained in a sanitary and safe condition.
• Develop building work schedules encompassing daily, weekly, quarterly, semester and annual events.
• Submit monthly key inventories for assigned keys and submit report to Custodial Crew Supervisor.
• Complete and maintain documentation and work records for performance evaluations, commendations, discipline, training, inspection, safety reports, materials inventory, work orders, time keeping, and implementation of department and university policy and procedures.
• Submit supply and equipment requests for facilities in assigned area to Custodial Crew Supervisor. Arrange for receipt of requested items and distribution to custodial storage areas within assigned facilities.
• Maintain equipment inventory and preventative maintenance records for assigned equipment.
• Maintain rapport with and meet custodial needs of residence hall staff and students. Meet monthly with Resident Director to inspect facilities, identify areas of concern, and answer questions. Provide written follow-up of meeting to RD and Crew Supervisor.
• Serves as a member of the HFS Custodial On-Call Team.
• Meet with the Custodial Crew Supervisor regularly to discuss staff and/or facility issues.
• Attend weekly HFS Custodial leadership team meetings and occasional HFS team meetings
• Other duties as assigned.
10/12/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
11/30/2020Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.