Air Conditioning Mech II
Air Conditioning Mechanic IIUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Air Conditioning Mech IILocation:
Dept of Housing and Residential LifeRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$3,330-$3,781Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Formal training and experience troubleshooting and repairing heat pumps, DX units, auxiliary electric heat elements, pneumatic and electric controls
• Experience replacing electric motors, steam and chill water valves
• Experience repairing chill/hot water AC units
• Ability to read and understand labor logs, technical manuals, schematics and blueprints
• Ability to write well enough to complete labor logs, Freon usage logs and part request forms.
• Ability in math to determine weights, measurements and calculate BTU usage and needs
• Current Texas AC Technician Certification
• Current Texas EPA refrigerant handling license
• Current Texas Air Conditioning Contractor license
• Three or more years of experience on heat pump repairs and installation and repairing chill/hot water AC units
The purpose of the A/C Mechanic II job is to respond to work requests for repair of defective units in housing facilities and to perform preventative maintenance by checking building HVAC systems and ensure that the equipment is operating (heating or cooling).Job Duties:
• Run service work orders for assigned areas
• Troubleshoot and repair/replace heat pumps, DX units, chill water units, auxiliary electric heat elements, pneumatic and electric controls, refrigeration equipment, ice machines and water fountains
• Check equipment for each facility, log temperatures & pressures on log sheet as applicable
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Test relays, switches, coils, fuses, breakers, and read schematics
• Replace electric motors, repair or replace steam and chill water valves
• Operate refrigerant recovery equipment
• Replace worn belts and bearings on air handlers
• Ability to push and lift up to 70 pounds without assistance; pull or drag equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance; work in awkward positions
• Be available for occasional on-call duty after hours, weekends and holidays
• Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants invited for an interview must bring a copy of all required certifications and licenses.Job Open Date:
10/26/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
11/30/2020Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.