Part-Time Instructor, Mechanical, Electrical & Fluid Power-Corporate College
Job Title: Part-Time Instructor, Mechanical, Electrical & Fluid Power-Corporate College
Location: LSC-System Office UP
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 33629
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:It is the responsibility of the teaching Instructors to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning. Part-time CC Instructors are hired in a part-time capacity, contingent upon the needs of the College and its’ corporate clients. In partnership with our clients, you will be the direct key to creating a successful outcome in the education of our clients' employee populations in learning new mechanical and/or electrical and/or fluid power skills as indicated below. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Delivers training in one or more of the following programs: Mechanical - or Electrical- or Fluid Power (Hydraulics and Pneumatics) programs using related materials to support training objectives
- Reviews course content and objectives
- Conducts training sessions and provides feedback for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
- Works with Corporate College to continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with Corporate College staff and plant personnel to meet varying training schedules and course feedbackMust have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; must have demonstrated problem-solving abilityAbility to communicate, understand and meet needs of less technical customersMust demonstrate instructional skillsAbility to work occasional evenings and weekendsAbility to manage complex projects demonstrating a high degree of judgment, tact and discretionSkilled in Windows environment with basic proficiency with common office software (word processing, spreadsheets)
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office or lab environment with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Travel to the LSC locations and to external classroom/lab locations will be required
- Hours will vary depending on class time
- Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- High school diploma or higher and at least 3 years of verified, paid work experience in industry as an electrical/electronics and/or mechanical maintenance and/or fluid systems specialist Work experience and significant hands-on and classroom training experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Mechanical systems (e.g., manufacturing, assembly, maintenance)Industrial electrical/electronic systems (e.g., automation, programmable logic controllers, motor controls)Technical mathBlueprint and/or schematic readingPrecision measurementOccupational and equipment safety
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field
$43.75 per contact hour.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.