Manager, Business Affairs - Illini Union (138264)
Manager, Business Affairs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are now being accepted for the Business Affairs Manager for the Illini Union at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
As the community center of the University, the Illini Union draws together all members of the University with approximately 16,000 visits of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests on a daily basis.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The Manager, Business Affairs is responsible for coordinating the accounting functions for the Illini Union, and assisting the Illini Union Assistant Director, Business Affairs in the execution of related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes and prepares monthly financial statements; prepares special accounting reports and financial statements as requested. Manages payables and receivables; monitors cash flow. Analyzes and prepares special reports on spending patterns of department and sub-units of Illini Union as required.
- Works with Assistant Director, Business Affairs to help establish budget and operating guidelines for Illini Union. Assists same with financial planning issues, monitoring financial operations, and alerting of potential problems.
- Develops and uses complex databases necessary for financial planning. Develops and implements automated solutions for existing and future business procedures. Develops and implements data integration between financial systems; manages these integration points.
- Develops and enhances business policies and procedures for all units within the Illini Union.
- Participates in periodic audit activities; coordinates efforts of university internal and external auditing staff.
- Attends meetings and answers inquiries regarding IU accounting and financial operations.
- Acts as financial liaison with other departments within the Illini Union. Provides shared financial services to other units on campus (Parking, Conference Svcs, etc.).
- Supervises and/or trains accountants, account technicians, and other departmental employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, management or a field related to position
- Two (2) years of professional-level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, including one year at an administrative level.
- Master’s Degree
Successful Candidates will have:
- Effective written and oral communication skills and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills required, including extensive knowledge of Excel, a variety of General Ledger systems/software, SQL databases, and experience integrating disparate software systems.
- Ability to recognize problems, develop solutions and implement policies is strongly preferred.
- A strong track record of leadership and supervisory/management skills and previous experience in a college or university operation will be given preference.
- Strong teamwork skills and abilities are necessary
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Business/Administrative Associate position appointed on a -month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after December 9, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by December 9, 2020. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Illini Union Human Resources and Administrative Shared Services at [email protected] or at 217-333-3660. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Illini Union Category:2-Administrative Title:Manager, Business Affairs - Illini Union (138264) Open Date:11/12/2020 Close Date:12/09/2020 Organization Name:Illini Union-Oper