10018277 Customer Services Representative I
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Office of Financial Aid Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing customer services to current and potential students regarding financial aid policies, procedures and processes.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors
- Reply to emails sent to financial aid office email account or disseminate appropriately when applicable.
- Provides information and assistance regarding financial aid application process.
- Assists students in the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other required financial aid forms and submission processes required.
- Updates financial aid processing system (BANNER) when student document requirements are satisfied as applicable.
- Receives, logs, scans and indexes documents paperwork via imaging system.
- Assists with entrance and exit counseling requirements.
- Packages, authorizes and disperse aid when applicable.
- Maintains office files and records.
- Removes holds on student accounts as appropriate.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Reconciles purchase card accounts.
- Updates student records as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties specific to financial aid regulatory requirements and day-to day operations as assigned by supervisor and/or to provide maximum office efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of modern office methods, procedures and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of current institution, federal, and state regulations pertaining to the financial aid and the collection, maintenance, and release of information.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Proficient skills in oral and written communication
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Assistant Director of Financial Aid assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
- Guidelines includes the ability to answer questions and resolve customer service complaints via phone and in person.
- The telephone to reach out to customers and or internal departments as needed to adequately provide optimal customer service interaction
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to students in matters pertaining to financial aid procedures, processes, and other enrollment services areas as needed. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the college’s overall mission.
- The work consists of general to specific information relayed to students/parents regarding financial aid file processing primarily.
- Contacts are typically with students, parents, co-workers, and other college employees.
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; and to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs, policies and procedures is highly desirable and/or comparable work related experience.
- Knowledge of the Banner financial aid module preferred.
- This position is non-exempt (biweekly paid).
- Pay grade 10
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018277 Customer Service Representative 11.11.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D