Administrative Assistant II
Administrative Assistant II
POSITION CODE: 4812
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
MONTHS/HOURS: Twelve (12) months/40 hours, M-F 9am-6pm
DATE AVAILABLE: January 4, 2021
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six (6) months
POSTING DATE: November 11, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 4, 2020
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Director of the Office of Student Success in the School of Education, working and collaborating closely with Office of Student Success staff to maintain efficient methods of requesting, confirming, and tracking fieldwork placements and status of fieldwork students. Works closely with Assistant Directors of Academic Advising to archive, update, and maintain fieldwork procedures in compliance with program standards. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with Assistant Directors of Academic Advising to coordinate field experience placements with a multitude of school districts, colleges, and clinics for students enrolled in main campus programs and regional campus programs. This coordination includes requesting and confirming placements in a timely fashion, tracking placements, documenting assignments, and communicating accurate information with campus personnel.
- Provides clerical support for the Office of Student Success to prepare and finalize MOU's, educational fieldwork agreements, and intern MOU's with school districts and campus partners.
- Prepares all fieldwork payroll and university supervisor contracts for Human Resources to process. Prepares and reconciles travel expense reimbursement forms. Logistics for all workshops and orientations (new student, student-teacher, cooperating teachers, site supervisors, and university supervisors).
- Reviews, verifies, and prepares student files for credential recommendation in compliance with accrediting agencies.
- Provides administrative support in the recommendation of teaching, pupil personnel, and administrative credentials.
- Monitors the Office of Student Success email inbox, calendar, and phone line as well as greet students and visitors.
- Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, computer software/word processing, and spreadsheet programs. Plus one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of administrative procedures, word processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs. Basic research skills and knowledge of record keeping. Must have exceptional communication, organizational, and customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret regulations and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. The successful candidate will competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=c3f3cfa8-7443-4cfe-98d0-3e6fdf72a513
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency