Sr. Administrative Assistant (Front Desk)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-11
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Supply Chain Sr. Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office support activities to facilitate the efficient operations of the office.
- Supports division and/or department leadership with daily clerical tasks.
- Collects, reviews, analyzes complex and/or confidential data and prepares reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials.
- Responds to or routes non-routine, priority or confidential inquiries from external or internal sources with correspondence or other messaging on behalf of department leadership.
- Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes, as needed.
- Answers phone calls, provides information to callers or connects callers to appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments and updates calendars.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations for department leadership and staff, as needed.
- Composes and types correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets and presentations.
- Greets and provides general support to visitors as the Sr Administrative Assistant assigned to the front desk.
- Develops and maintains department filing system.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Reports directly to the Director of Supply Chain Operations and supports other senior staff in an administrative capacity.
- Maintain and create various Smartsheet database.
- Orders office and kitchen supplies as needed.
- Places work orders for facilities, security access, telecom and IT departmental needs and requests.
- Collects mail daily from divisions mailbox and distributes to the appropriate party.
- Responsible for day to day up-keep of office matters by making rounds around suite to ensure issues are addressed (e.g. preparing work orders for repairs, ordering items that need to be replaced, etc.)
- Works on special projects and duties as assigned.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104