Coordinator, ITS Operations
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Coordinator, ITS Operations position. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Information Technology Services, the Coordinator, ITS Operations is responsible for the coordination of administrative processes related to tracking budget expenditures and IT vendor management. Primary responsibilities include assisting the AVP in monitoring and reporting budget expenditures, as well as serving as the primary point of contact for IT vendors and consultants. This position processes financial documents such as vendor invoices based upon approved quotes, contracts, addendums, etc., creating and tracking purchase requisitions and purchase orders, and the recording and tracking of consultant hours and activities,. The Coordinator works collaboratively with other IT staff, the Purchasing Department, and Budget Office to ensure the timeliness of payments and prompt resolution of billing-related issues.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Associate's degree required.
• Three (3) years of related experience required.
• Experience developing and coordinating administrative processes required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member required.
• Strong attention to detail required.
• Ability to create and implement systems, procedures, and processes required.
• Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and planning skills required.
• Ability to collaborate with others required.
• Demonstrated customer service orientation with a leadership mindset required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social-economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds is required.
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Three (3) years' of related work experience within an IT or purchasing department within higher education preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), and experience utilizing third party products, such as Tableau, ARGOS, and other data tools for visualization and reporting preferred.
• Previous experience using an enterprise-wide system, such as Ellucian Banner, is preferred.