Seasider Activities Student Graphic Designer
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-11
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Designs art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as books, magazines, newspapers, Internet websites, television, and packaging.
The purpose of this position is not only to develop visual concepts, creative graphics, digital content, and marketing material, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform and captive students. Specifically, for areas in the Seasider Sports & Activities department & the HUB.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Upholds and adheres to the University Mission/Vision Statements and Honor Code values.Reports & receives directive from the Student Event Specialist Supervisor, the Department coordinator, the Department Senior Manager and the HUB Manager.Attends University Website workshops/trainings, conferences, and seminars.Collaborates with University Communications to ensure cohesive design in all graphics and website development.Experience working in an office environment and using office equipment.Provides insight on different projects that will improve the final product.Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on media request.Calibrate with department personnel to determine concept, design and layout. Select colors, images, text styles, and overall design.Create illustrations, graphics and digital content discussing them with supervisor and coordinators and making necessary changes.Prepares & Files Media Policies and Procedures for the Webmaster folder.Attends weekly team meetings, weekly evaluation and reports meetings to measure stewardship progress.Ensures all promotions and Marketing of all events on ENGAGE are correct and updated.Involve in recruiting and training new hires in graphic and design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Lower Division Courses Completed
3 Months of Directly Relevant Experience
Typical office or studio environment
Hybrid (In Person and Remotely)
Additional Job Description
Clean record with Honor Office.
Demonstrate creativity and originality through a professional portfolio that features their best designs.
Ability to think creatively.
Excellent computer skills and experience using graphic design software.
Required: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design.
Preferred: Adobe Premier, After Effects.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively both in person, in writing, or by telephone or email.
Ability to apply new technical knowledge to your job. Be able to keep-up-to-date and apply relevant knowledge.
Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work. Must manage multiple projects and meet project deadlines.
Knowledge of copyright and intellectual property issues, including Brigham Young University–Hawaii
Graphic identity standards
Familiarity with social networking tools such as: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
Positive Work Hard attitude while interacting well with other employees within a department.