UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
SYS-UNTD Controller-926220Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
The University of North Texas Dallas Controller’s department is seeking to hire a Reporting Analyst to join our team.Position Overview:
This position performs highly complex (senior-level) financial analysis and regulatory work. Work involves compiling, reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating financial data; preparing reports and responding to inquiries; and recommending appropriate action to resolve financial and regulatory problems. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or a related field related field and four years of accounting experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and automated accounting systems.
• Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory; to work accurately with numerical detail; to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data; and to communicate effectively.
• Experience working in one or more functional areas of accounting.
• Effective communications skills both orally and in writing.
• Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
• Strong working knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, and accounting practices.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to analyze, consolidate, and present accounting data in clear concise form.
• Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
• Ability to prepare reports and correspondence regarding findings.
• Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through.
M-F; 8 am – 5pm; overtime as neededDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Reporting AnalystPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hearo:
Analyzes and reviews financial data; information; and applicable business, financial, and/or regulatory plans.o:
Develops financial objectives and strategies.o:
Develops and implements internal financial policies and procedures.o:
Ensures compliance with established procedures, requirements, laws, and regulations; completeness of data; and presence of documentation.o:
Monitors and coordinates third-party financial reviews, including the accumulation of data, financial modeling, reporting, and monitoring of responses.o:
Performs or reviews financial analysis scenarios, such as interest-rate risk simulations using financial modeling software.o:
Evaluates and monitors agency assets and liabilities.o:
Provides interpretation on technical questions of financial and regulatory compliance with applicable state and federal statutes and regulations.o:
Assists in administering financial processes and systems developed to oversee regulated entities.o:
May supervise the work of others.o:
Performs related work as assigned.Posting Number:
S1301PQuicklink for Posting: