WHISH Research Coordinator
WHISH Research Coordinator🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Nov 11, 2020 Post Date📅87761 Requisition #The Stanford University – Department of Medicine, Division of Stanford Prevention Research Center (SPRC) is seeking a full-time Clinical Research Coordinator Associate (CRCA) to provide research support for a large-scale, population-level study of physical activity promotion in a national sample of older women. The Women’s Health Initiative Strong & Healthy (WHISH) is a pragmatic, randomized, population-level trial whose aim is to evaluate whether an intervention based on Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) recommended levels of physical activity for older adults reduce major cardiovascular events. More than 22,000 women from across the U.S. are enrolled in the trial. The employee will be based at the SPRC offices located in Palo Alto.Under the guidance of the Project Director and Principal Investigator, the CRCA will design and develop written and online health promotion materials and work closely with study participants by phone, email and post mail. The CRCA will regularly interact with older adult study volunteers from diverse backgrounds, interdepartmental research colleagues and faculty, third-party vendors and external health promotion organizations. The position requires the candidate to develop, update and maintain a research database and to provide data for regular progress reporting. Interest and experience with behavior modification and/or promotion of physical activity preferred. The CRCA will be required to comply with standardized study protocols, health and safety policies and good clinical practice procedures (including those specifically related to the worksite). This position also requires a commitment to work in and foster a multicultural and multiracial environment. Duties include:
- Serve as primary contact with research participants, sponsors, and regulatory agencies. Coordinate studies from startup through close-out.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies.
- Collect and manage patient and laboratory data for clinical research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit case report forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Prepare regulatory submissions, and ensure institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff.
- Interact with the principal investigator regularly, ensuring patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in monitor visits and regulatory audits.
- Additional outreach duties: attend health promotion events, conferences, webinars and seminars sponsored by SPRC, the Stanford Health Promotion Network.
- Four-year college degree majoring in health sciences, social sciences or related field (Public Health, Kinesiology, social sciences).
- One year of relevant research experience in health promotion and/or working with older adults preferred.
- Graduate degree in health sciences, social sciences or related field desirable.
- Familiarity, proficiency or willingness to learn Excel, Microsoft Word, WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign and REDCap software and programming skills.
- Two-year college degree and two years related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4924
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87761