Clinical Data Analyst
Clinical Data Analyst🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Information Analytics📅Nov 11, 2020 Post Date📅87758 Requisition #The Department of Medicine, Division of Blood and Marrow Transplantation (BMT) seeks a Clinical Data Analyst (Data Analyst 1) to process a wide variety of analytical data and produce routine, single data sources’ information requests.The BMT program at Stanford performs autologous and allogeneic transplantations for over 300 patients each year. The program has been very successful with a history of limited morbidity rates and acute mortality that is well below most published reports. In addition to a successful clinical practice, our program researchers are translating their discoveries into new therapies, advancing the efficacy of hematopoietic cell transplantation for patients worldwide.
- Identify and select usable data from subtle and complex data patterns. Assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information.
- Design methods to validate data to ensure high quality product. Explore creative approach to using data based on technical expertise of available data. Distribute reports to applicable agencies, researchers, management and other internal end-users and provide interpretation of data when needed.
- Develop and produce dashboards, key performance indicators, and other recognized metrics used to monitor and report organizational performance. Collect and analyze metric data.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets using an extraction and reporting programming language to ensure data integrity.
- Research and reconcile data discrepancies occurring among various information systems and reports.
- Collaborate with data managers to define and implement data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis and reporting.
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
*-The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hematopoietic Disease and Bone Marrow Transplant subject matter expert. i.e. preparatory regiments, engraftment, and complications of transplant (i.e. GVHD)
- Ability to understand the nuances of how patients move through inpatient, outpatient and clinic settings.
- Basic knowledge of R language
- Ability to work with and analyze structured and unstructured data
- Intellectual curiosity and algorithmic thinking skills and good analytical skills
- Ability to consult and communicate effectively to a wide variety to specialists, such as physicians, programmers, and hospital administrators.
- Ability to solve problems
- Familiarity with the principles of database design
- Ability to navigate software and applications and teach others.
- Ability to managing accounts and files.
- Ability to create instructions, user manuals, SOPs, tables, and other tools for training
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions for improvements that can simplify or otherwise result in greater resource efficiency and better data quality.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4744
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 87758