Business Intelligence Engineer
Business Intelligence Engineer🔍Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Redwood City, California, United States📁Information Technology Services📅6 days ago Post Date📅87773 Requisition #Title : BI Engineer (ETL)(Business Intelligence Engineer 1) Description Business Intelligence Engineer JOB PURPOSE:Responsible for development of complex technical analysis and design, new programming, modifications, scheduling, tuning, testing and maintenance of systems in support of new and existing Business Intelligence(BI) and other projects. CORE DUTIES*:
- Provide complex analysis, conceptualize, design, implement and develop solutions for critical BI components. Perform dataflow, system and data analysis and develop meaningful and useful presentation of data in BI applications.Plan and implement standards, define/code conformed global and reusable objects, perform complex database design, data modelling (EDW and programming and streamline the systems.Consult with client groups to assess user needs and understand the business processes; convert user requirements into technical solutions.Contribute to data analysis, design and development of new and ongoing business intelligence (BI) projects involving complex EDW structures OR on OLTP systems.Collaborate closely with internal and external teams to understand and apply changes/modifications impacting data warehouse.Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs and document technical design. Assist in quality control testing. Meticulously follow software methodologies defined.Monitor ETL processes, system audits and performance. Pro-actively resolve issues as found. Support the performance of systems.Follow the release cycles and implement on-time delivery of bug fixes, change requests and enhancements. Troubleshoot and solve technical problems.Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality enhancementsComfortable working across a wide array of technologies, project types, and business requirements.Utilize technical and domain knowledge to develop and implement effective solutions; provide hands on mentoring to team members through all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile practices.
- Mastery in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.Expert in Data Modeling and designing data warehouse from heterogeneous OLTP sources.High expertise on Databases, data acquisition, ETL strategy, design and development using Informatica.Strong programming skills, relational database skills with expertise in Advanced Sql and PL/Sql. Skills in Shell Programming and any Object Oriented Programming language.Ability to design Physical and Reporting Data models for seamless cross-functional and cross-systems data reporting.Should be able to write custom ETL programming from complex data processing and transformations using any programming language, such as PL/Sql, Python, Java, etc.Extensive experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and proven problem solving and analytical thinking capabilities.Broad understanding of multiple existing and next generation Business intelligence tools and technologies.Understanding of Reporting/Analytics and data visualization tools like OBIEE and Tableau including Design and Development.Understanding of software engineering principles and skills working on Unix/Linux/Windows Operating systems, Version Control and Office software.Ability to prioritize workload and work with minimal supervision.Experience working with Oracle Financials as source is a plus.This person will interface with the business and technology teams (development, infrastructure, application and QA) in an agile delivery modelExperience with Cloud based datawarehouse system: Snowflake, RDS, Redshift, Azure is a huge plusExperience with other ETL tools (e.g.Workato, SnapLogic, or Mulesoft) is a plus
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently sitting.Occasionally stand/walk.Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more.Redwood City. Our new Stanford Redwood City campus is the workplace for approximately 2,700 staff, including University IT, whose jobs are important to supporting the University’s mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4776
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 87773