Student Services Specialist
Student Services Specialist🔍Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States📁Student Services📅Nov 11, 2020 Post Date📅87770 Requisition #Student Services Specialist
Job Code: 7500
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description If you are ready to work for an organization that nurtures diversity, respect, professional development and a comfortable work-life fit, we invite you to explore this opportunity and apply online for the position of Student Services Specialist for Vaden Health Center, a unit of the Division of Student Affairs. Vaden Health Center is proud to be part of Student Affairs, which advances student development and learning; fosters community engagement; promotes diversity, inclusion and respect; and empowers students to thrive. JOB PURPOSE:Provide administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Resolve routine issues of limited scope within own work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference. CORE DUTIES*:
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Process day to day transactions.
- Collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Coordinate and perform administrative operations.
- Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
- May train and direct day to day activities of student and temporary workers.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience:Two year college degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent front-facing customer service skills.
- Office administration skills.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Demonstrable practical experience in a health insurance office operation including but not limited to; explaining insurance benefits and how to access here on campus as well as across the country; processing health insurance waivers and petitions; health insurance billing; processing medical referrals.
- Collaborative problem solving skills for research of complex student health insurance issues involving both internal (Vaden Health Center) and external (campus) constituents.
- Working knowledge of health insurance concepts
- Strong analytical and written communication skills, including ability to condense large volumes of information into salient points.
- Strong desire to work on an inter-dependent, fully cross-trained team to deliver excellent customer service to students, colleagues, and fellow team members.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Job Code: 7500 Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7500
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87770