Operations Assistant🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Nov 11, 2020 Post Date📅87765 Requisition #Stanford University School of Medicine is world renowned for leading edge education, research, patient care and medical advancements. The Department of Educational Programs and Services (EPS) is looking for a self-starter to join its dynamic, collaborative HR & Operations Team. EPS is seeking an Operations Assistant to provide human resources and operations support under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager. This position will act as the first point of contact for department wide operational needs. He/she will also serve as a resource to staff on HR & Operations related policies, procedures, and practices. The ideal candidate is someone who possesses strong interpersonal skills, the ability to make timely decisions and take action reflective of business objectives, and the ability to work proactively and change course rapidly as priorities shift.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature. Coordinate project work schedules to meet client expectations and escalate issues as needed.
- Facilitate IT orders for various hardware, software, and peripherals. Gather and record asset inventory and software license information as needed.
- Perform human resources transactional support; including time cards, I9s, personnel files, employment letters and other systems activities
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Create templates using Asana and Smartsheet project management software, Stanford websites, and online survey tools, to build out process improvement systems and projects
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex staff meetings and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment; inventory supplies and order replacement supplies as needed.
- May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Participate in various special projects
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience with Stanford University policies and procedures, or previous experience in an academic setting.
- Familiarity with Oracle, SPARC and/or OrderIT are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87765