Academic Services Coordinator- School of Business & Public Management
Academic Services Coordinator- School of Business & Public ManagementPosting Number:
External - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment Type:
Full-TimeBenefits Available :
YesNature of Work:
This position consists of clerical work which involves relatively complex general office duties in support of the school. Reporting to the Dean of the school, the Department Coordinator makes decisions based on established policies, procedures, and practices. Matters of an unusual nature that may impact the division or the College are referred to the Dean. Work assignments may be received with detailed instructions or in general outline only and the employee is expected to proceed with minimum supervision. The Department Coordinator is responsible for prioritizing and coordinating the overall work of the office, including giving assignments and providing guidance to the junior-level Department Assistants and/or any other clerical workers assigned to the office. This position involves extensive interaction with internal and external customers (faculty, staff, students, parents, etc.) Performance is evaluated based on achievement of the expected results. The employee will have a 40-hour workweek, but additional hours may be required at peak times.Essential Duties :
- Manages the general administrative and support functions of the office.
- Investigates and resolves complaints concerning department operations.
- Answers incoming calls for the department.
- Answers oral and written inquiries requiring interpretations of routine policies, rules, and regulations that affect the office/division; provides information on procedural matters to students and others.
- Maintains complex fiscal, administrative, and academic records; maintains and revises filing system; reviews various reports and forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Makes appointments for supervisor and may make travel reservations and arrangements for meetings/conferences and interviewees.
- Types and proofreads documents, syllabi, correspondence, tests, administrative reports, meeting minutes and other documents, composes routine correspondence as appropriate.
- Prepares, checks and routes various interoffice forms, requisitions, vouchers, activity reports and similar documents.
- Assures that outgoing mail is processed daily and that incoming mail is sorted and distributed; opens mail as appropriate.
- Assists with special projects for professional staff as needed.
- May supervise student assistant
- Orders office supplies.
- Prepares and maintains job postings.
- Prepares and maintains various forms related to the hiring of part-time faculty and changes in full time faculty status.
- Drafts class schedules each semester, assigns classrooms based on enrollment, enters final schedules into Banner.
- Coordinates event venues for internal customers as well as community members.
- Manages advisor/advisee load for faculty based on student enrollment in the SBPA, runs reports on a regular basis to maintain equitable balance between faculty members, reassigns advisors based on student concentration and major.
- Performs other duties as required
- Associate’s degree is required.
- More than 1 year of related experience required
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience working in Higher Education is preferred.
- Experience working with Banner Student Support Software is highly preferred
Monday - Friday: 8-5 p.m.Special Instructions to Applicants:
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information:
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
11/09/2020Open Until Filled: