Department:: Library and Technology Services
Locations:: York, PA
Posted:: Nov 11, 2020
Closes:: Dec 4, 2020 - 11:59 PM EST
About York College of Pennsylvania:
York College of Pennsylvania, http://www.ycp.edu, is a private-sector, independent institution of higher education, offering over 60 baccalaureate majors in the arts and sciences and in professional fields as well as master's programs in business, education and nursing and a doctoral program in nursing. The College has an enrollment of over 4000 full time, over 500 part time undergraduate students and over 200 graduate students from 33 states and 37 foreign countries. The campus is located in South-Central Pennsylvania (50 miles north of Baltimore, MD, 30 miles south of Harrisburg, and 90 miles north of Washington, D.C.) and offers competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Network Engineer is responsible for maintenance and support of the York College campus-wide network and its related systems, including all telecommunications.
Essential functions of the position include:
- Working with LTS staff members to identify and address problems relating to the campus network.
- Providing support for the network access control system.
- Configuring, monitoring, and maintaining the wireless network system.
- Configuring, monitoring, and maintaining the wired network system.
- Assisting in the configuration and maintenance of the campus firewall.
- Performing network equipment infrastructure inventory, support, administration and upgrades as directed.
- Maintaining routing protocols on core switches and Internet routers.
- Performing basic system administration and account management on network support servers as directed.
- Performing low-level repairs and adds, changes and moves to campus communications and telephony systems as directed.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience in a computer-related field required; Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, MIS) preferred.
- At least two years of experience supporting networking and telecommunications infrastructures including wired and wireless networks.
- Two years of experience with operating systems including Unix/Linux, Windows and macOS.
- Two years of experience with mobile devices and operating systems.
- Two years of experience with administration of firewalls, VPNs, authentication/authorization systems, and endpoint security techniques.
- Two years of experience with dedicated network devices such as gaming systems and other Internet appliances.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by December 4, 2020.