Digital Marketing Coordinator - University Communications (19843)
Job DetailsJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type StaffSalary Range $44,000.00 - $44,000.00 Salary/yearDescription You are required to upload a Resume, Cover Letter and Writing Sample in order to complete the application.Position OverviewCoordinate digital communications and marketing endeavors for the university's central communications office, including social media paid and organic strategies, online publications, web strategy and content, keyword and search engine optimization and more. Work with faculty, staff and students to grow the university's digital presence, integrating the university brand in all efforts. Stay informed of trends and new developments in digital media and marketing. Draft copy and designs for review. Use technology to design, produce, and distribute content. Use data to evaluate and report on the effectiveness of marketing tactics. Reports to the Assistant Vice President for University Communications. Department Specific Essential Job Functions
- Initiates, assesses, writes, edits and coordinates university online publications.
- Responsible for the creation and development of new online publications as they may pertain to the university’s mission.
- Ensures that online publishing duties are performed in compliance with technology standards as established by the Office of Information Technology (OIT), including compliance with federal accessibility standards.
- Responsible for daily production of the university’s e-newsletter Centralities, published each weekday for faculty/staff and three days a week for students. This includes determining general and specific content to be developed for publication; evaluating material submitted for publications; securing graphic material (photo, art, etc.) for publication; writing, editing and correcting final drafts; and submitting completed publication for distribution via the university’s mass email platform.
- Creates and/or proofreads mass emails from other university departments and offices. Helps determine whether a request should be approved and implemented and proposes viable alternatives for communication, if needed.
- Coordinates paid social media campaigns and strategy for the university and engages in social media listening to enhance these strategies.
- Implements digital media strategies/campaigns in relation to SEO, SEM, Google ad word, online display advertising and other online marketing initiatives.
- Assists with blogger/influencer outreach, keyword optimization, press release optimization and mobile device marketing.
- Tracks and monitors the success of online initiatives and website analytics (i.e. impressions, reach and influence), and provides reports.
- Reviews quality, monitors and ensures consistency of messaging across digital platforms and edits content as needed.
- Identifies and reports on digital/social media and technology trends to the University Communications staff.
- Assists other departments with social media content/online content integration.
- Establishes relationships and works with the OIT to ensure technical specifications for online publishing are implemented.
- Ensures current university branding and marketing initiatives are implemented on university website and social media.
- Updates content on university website. Reviews top-level pages on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and creates new content as needed.
- Has working knowledge and stays current on technical requirements for online publishing.
- Trains other University Communications staff to effectively publish daily online newsletter(s) in their absence.
- Proficient in Associated Press Style.
- Assists with proofing and editing major university print publications as needed.
- Serves on university web content management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
Requires a university degree in field plus 3+ years of relevant experience in the chosen field or 7+ years of equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field. Extensive knowledge and experience with social media.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Strong grammar and composition skills. Effective oral and written communication, human relations, public relations and organizational skills. Knowledge of online technology with particular interest in blogs, social networks, virtual world, wiki's, mobile and other emerging technologies. Interactive, web and public relations skills. Basic knowledge of Photoshop.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.