Professional Research Assistant - Tissue Bank Coordinator
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – School of SCHOOLNAMEProfessional Research Assistant
Tissue Bank Coordinator
Department of Medicine, Division of HematologyThe University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of Work
The Hematology Clinical Trials Unit (HCTU) is looking to hire a full time Tissue Bank Coordinator to serve as a member of the Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Team. This position is responsible for the implementation and coordination of clinical trials conducted by faculty members at the University of Colorado.Examples of Work Performed
• Obtains medical history and current medications, reviews protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria, and confirms eligibility of subject. Ensures that the informed consent process has occurred, is properly documented and filed as required.
• Interviews prospective subjects for multiple clinical studies. Familiarizes potential subjects with the details of the study through phone contacts and personal interviews.
• Schedules subject participation in research, coordinating availability of necessary space, and clinical support (including but not limited to physician, nurse practitioner, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy). Is familiar with all records required for each study, reviews records after each visit for completeness and accuracy
• Abstracts and records all patient data essential to the study onto required Case Report Forms (CRFs) and into the Clinical Trials database, as needed, in an accurate and timely fashion. Maintains patient clinical research files.
• Reports adverse events and serious events to appropriate parties; e.g. Principal Investigator, Study Sponsor, FDA, Data and Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC), Regulatory Affairs Coordinator.
• Serves as a contact person for ongoing clinical research studies. Schedules monitoring visits and meets with representatives from sponsoring pharmaceutical firms or in-house staff for initial orientation to studies and for review of study records.
• Implements care and services that recognize age-specific needs and issues for customers served.
• Participates in DSMC audits.
• Collaborates with hospital staff to ensure tests and procedures required by clinical protocols are performed and documented. These include, but are not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen processing, EKG’s, drug administration, and protocol specific tests and procedures.
• May be called upon to perform the following specific tests and procedures: a) blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, and temperature measurements, b) specimen processing and shipping Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to interpret and master complex protocol information.
• Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to communicate well in a team setting
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity: Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Education: Bachelor’s degreeApplicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminology
Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Prior research experience
Clinical or research experience in oncology
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 11, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing