Job Location & Development (JLD) & Outreach Coordinator
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver Student Success, LynxConnectJob Location & Development (JLD) & Outreach Coordinator Position #669939 – Requisition #19507
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Career Center has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) JLD & Outreach Coordinator position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million.
Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
Nature of Work:The Job Location & Development (JLD) & Outreach Coordinator will locate and develop off-campus job opportunities for students who are currently enrolled at CU Denver. This position serves as a counter part to the LynxConnect Employer Relations team focusing on developing and maintaining relationships with off-campus employers in order to cultivate off-campus job opportunities for students and provide industry information to Career Center and Experiential Learning Center teams to support hiring practices and trends in industry. In addition, this position will support the data gathering and tracking of student and employer experiences in the JLD program. Assists in planning of employer recruitment-based events and development of off-campus work-study contracts.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Maintain and create relationships with employers in the Denver Metro area for part-time employment opportunities for CU Denver students.
- Coordinate information tables, virtual information sessions and other recruiting opportunities for employers to connect with CU Denver students.
- Work as a part of the employer relations team to plan large-scale recruiting events, such as the biannual Internship and Job Fair, Government Career Day, and other boutique fairs.
- Approve job postings and employer postings in Handshake.
- Collaborate with the Financial Aid office to process off-campus work-study contracts.
- Ensure that off-campus work-study contracts are meeting federal guidelines and track expenditures related to JLD program for federal reporting.
Salary and Benefits:The hiring range for this position has been established at $44,000 to $48,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- A bachelor’s degree in education, communication, social science, women and gender studies, psychology, computer science, business, public administration, business administration, higher education, counseling, hospitality, liberal arts, human services, student affairs, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of professional level experience in career counseling, employer relations, human resources, financial aid, hospitality, event planning, or related field.
*Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Experience quickly building and maintaining professional relationships with employers, students and/or faculty.
- Experience providing customer service, which included resolving customer or employer issues and questions
- Event planning experience.
- Experience working in financial aid.
- Ability to connect with employers and assess their needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated data tracking, assessments and evaluation skills.
- Familiarity with web-based recruiting software and career technology including career databases, proficiency in use of relevant software including online tracking systems.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Nov 11, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing