Director, Access & Accommodations Center
DescriptionThe Director of the Access and Accommodations Center works collaboratively within the university community to provide leadership in the development, facilitation, implementation and assessment of a comprehensive array of support services designed to ensure university access for qualified students with disabilities. The position provides administrative oversight for the Access and Accommodation Center and reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Health and Wellness. This position is required to travel to multiple campuses.The scope of responsibility will include these specific duties but is not limited to the following,
- Provides administrative oversight for all aspects of the Access and Accommodation Center, university wide (Six campus locations). Services include planning, analyzing and developing effective policies, procedures and methods of service provision; managing daily operations, record maintenance; departmental and institutional compliance with appropriate legal mandates and relevant policies/procedures.
- Serves as an advocate and liaison to the university community by building networks that ensure understanding, support, and responsiveness to the development of effective policies and protocols, support services and reasonable accommodation; establishes and maintains effective working relationships, collaborations, partnerships and co-sponsorships with a variety of administrative and academic departments.
- Performs intake interviews with students, faculty and staff with disabilities; identifies reasonable accommodation; facilitates connections with appropriate support services; recommends appropriate accommodation(s) to faculty and others within the university. Develops and conducts training for faculty and administration regarding appropriate accommodation in the classroom.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates several full-time professional and support staff as well as several graduate assistants; supervises the scheduling of other student employees and interns.
- Prepares, manages and monitors annual budgets; develops annual proposals for ongoing and one-time funding processes; reviews and coordinates the development, preparation and administrative oversight of all departmental contracts for external services; manages budgetary process for endowments; researches the possibility for grants from outside organizations to provide additional resources .
- Works collaboratively to develop and periodically update an ongoing departmental strategic plan (including mission, goals, objectives, and learning outcomes) designed to facilitate the creation, implementation, assessment and evaluation of a comprehensive array of support services for qualified students with disabilities. Develops and implements an ongoing departmental assessment plan to measure student learning outcomes as well as to ensure institutional effectiveness and relevance of programmatic efforts.
QualificationsMaster's degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology or similar related field and six years of working with individuals with access and accommodation issues.
College/Business Unit11/21/20, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Dean of Students
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 11/11/20, 9:07:25 AM