Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-10
Job TitleBuyer IIAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentProcurementt ServicesProposed Minimum Salary$3,042.67 monthlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
Buyer II, under general supervision, performs moderately complex duties with the purpose of obtaining supplies, equipment, and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Procures goods and services. Solicits and evaluates bids.
- Prepares specifications for purchases.
- Issues purchase orders according to proper policies and procedures.
- Interviews sales representatives and evaluates vendor performance.
- Provides technical guidance to ensure compliance with professional and departmental standards.
- Assists departments in obtaining information on requested products and in the preparation of purchase specifications.
- Maintains documentation of buying transactions.
- Reviews and monitors incoming requisitions, confirming orders.
- Assists in policy and procedural compliance issues.
- Service as a resource in solving customer or vendor problems.
- Researches discrepancies and report findings.
- Prepares local bid invitations.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education - Bachelor's degree in applicable field
Experience - Two years of related experience in procurement/purchasing.
Knowledge of- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of standard business terms and arithmetic.
Ability to - Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to provide exacting accuracy in all phases of work.
Physical Requirements - Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include three professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.