Teaching InstructorPosition Number :
937228Vacancy Open to :
All CandidatesDepartment :
AAH Health Education and PromotionDepartment Homepage :
www.ecu.edu/hhpAdvertising Department :
HLTH/HUMAN PERF,COLLEGE OFDivision :
Academic AffairsClassification Title :
Teaching InstructorWorking Title :
Teaching InstructorNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
The Department of Health Education and Promotion is comprised of 37 faculty members whose teaching and research interests span a variety of areas that center on improving the health and wellbeing of individuals, communities, populations, and the environment. The Department provides instruction for the University’s general education requirement in personal health. Over 1,000 majors are currently enrolled in one of the degree programs in the Department, including the BS in Public Health with concentrations in Community Health, Worksite Health Promotion, and Prehealth Professions; MA in Health Education; BS and MS in Environmental Health; and BS and MS in Athletic Training. The BS in Public Health is one of thirteen programs in the country that has been accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) as a standalone baccalaureate public health program. More information can be found at the Department website: http://www.ecu.edu/hlth/. The Department seeks to attract a culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber skilled in the scholarship of research, teaching, leadership, and application of knowledge.Job Duties :
• Teach undergraduate environmental health courses.
• Assist in the collection of data for ongoing research projects of Environmental Health faculty.
• Assist Environmental Health faculty with the development of new project ideas and experimental design/analysis. Maintain biological samples (e.g., mosquito colonies) and cell cultures needed for experiments.
• Coordinate and oversee protocols for environmental health lab experiments.
• Maintain and troubleshoot issues with laboratory equipment in 8 labs.
• Train students in proper laboratory techniques and ensure they have proper safety training.
• Maintain training records of all lab personnel. Supervise students who are conducting experiments in the environmental health labs.
• Coordinate and oversee student laboratory experiences and field projects.
• Maintain the upkeep of laboratory equipment, conduct lab inspections, and schedule the necessary lab reviews by ECU Office of Environmental Health and Safety and Office of Prospective Health.
• Provide professional service to the department, community and profession, and other duties as assigned.
• This is a twelve-month, fixed term (non-tenure track) appointment.
• Contingent upon availability of funds.
Applicants must hold a master’s degree in environmental health, public health or a closely related field (such as but not limited to Environmental Control Technologies/Technicians) and must be conferred and received from appropriately accredited institutions.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
N/APreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
• Preference will be given to applicants with previous environmental health lab experience.Special Instructions to Applicant :
• Application screening begins November 24, 2020.
• In order to apply, candidates must submit the following materials online at www.jobs.ecu.edu:
1) Cover letter addressing position description
2) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
3) A list of three references with contact information.
• As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted.
At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required. Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see “Create Account” by following link below) online via the PeopleAdmin system (https://ecu.peopleadmin.com)
• Please be aware that if selected as a candidate of choice, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the individuals entered by the applicant in the References section of the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system.
• Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered towards meeting this requirement.
• For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to Lee Gaylord (HEP 937228) East Carolina University, College of Health and Human Performance 1000 East 5th Street, Rivers West 238 Mail stop 505, Greenville, NC 27858
• Salary is competitive and commensurate with achievement and experience. It is expected that this position will begin January 19, 2021
• For further information, please contact: Dr. Michelle Wallen, Chair of the Department of Health Education and Promotion: [email protected] or (252) 737-4932 or Dr. Stephanie Richards (252)328-2526 [email protected]
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
11/10/2020Open Until Filled:
NoJob Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date. If no closing date is indicated, the position may close at any time after the initial screening date.:
11/24/2020Initial Screening Begins :
Not ApplicableQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment :
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.