Client Services Engineer
Client Services Engineer
POSITION CODE: 4815
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, twelve (12) months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and education
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Twelve (12) months
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: November 10, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 17, 2020
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Deputy Chief Technology Officer and acts as the primary Client Services Engineer by researching and recommending designs for end-user computing and applications as well as the implementation, integration, testing, and operationalization of critical infrastructure components and software applications. Working as a member of the University's IT group, this position will oversee the daily operations of Technology Support Services, including the supervision of the student assistants and management of related hardware, software, and applications. The position will also collaborate with Infrastructure teams, Business Analysts, Developers, and Instructional Technologists in the implementation, support, and enhancement of technologies that support the University's faculty, staff, and students.
- Research and design University-wide ITS systems and applications, Contributes to University's ITS vision and mission, conducts research and evaluation, and prepares reports recommending emerging technologies which are relevant to the instructional and administrative needs of the University. Regularly evaluates enterprise technology platform configuration and utilization, and prepares reports recommending improvements in operational methods and for hardware/software/network infrastructure.
- Administrate and provide expertise in (but not limited to):
- Implement, configure, and manage cloud-based services
- Evaluate emerging technologies for value to the university
- Serve as lead Microsoft M365 engineer for the University including
- SharePoint/OneDrive Online
- MS Teams
- Exchange Online
- Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, LDAP, and other authentication platforms
- Provide operational support for Enterprise Systems.
- Administer endpoint management systems such as Intune/MS Endpoint Manager/ System Center, imaging platforms such as SCCM, KACE, and MS Autopilot. Work with Technology Support Services team to create and maintain images for all university computing environments.
- Configure, deploy, and support software applications
- Serve as a liaison between Technology Support Services and other ITS functional groups and teams.
- Participate as needed in On-Call rotation for infrastructure support.
- Monitor endpoints, systems, and services for operational efficiencies and implement improvements as needed.
- Administer end-user computing systems, such as VDI, printing services, data storage, and mobile computing.
- As directed, attends relevant professional technology training and conferences to maintain knowledge of trends and options, with the objective of improving the efficiency and performance of the enterprise system platform.
- Meet with members of the community to perform system design requirement gathering and obtain feedback.
- Other projects and duties as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a bachelor's degree plus a minimum of five (5) years of recent experience with increasing responsibility and demonstrated expertise in information technology systems engineering focusing on end-user computing solutions. Proven knowledge of information technology infrastructure requirements of an organization. Experience in the assessment, planning, designing, and implementing technology infrastructure and. Ability to translate administrative and academic needs into the design and implementation of appropriate support programs; the ability to resolve design, implementation, and operational problems effectively. Ability to prepare and clearly present complex technological concepts and alternatives to all levels of staff. Knowledge of PowerShell language and experience with Microsoft ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be goal-oriented, be a creative problem solver, able to work independently, and possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and constituencies.
In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act if selected for the interview, process, and accommodations are needed; please call (909) 748-8040.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=686b219f-ed0a-4e2a-b86d-f0b79dca540b
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency