Director, Interprofessional Education
Director, Interprofessional Education
The Director of Interprofessional Education 927(IPE) will oversee and support IPE activity development and implementation across the healthcare programs at Pacific. The Director will provide direct support to programs for IPE curricular development and scholarly pursuits, and work collaboratively with the Director of Assessment and Accreditation to collect, analyze and report data annually for program evaluation and improvement.
• Develop a strategic plan for IPE for the School of Health Sciences
• Provide evidence-based, expert guidance to healthcare programs on issues related to IPE
• Identify meaningful IPE environments and practices to serve as exemplars from which IPE competencies can be modeled, learned and practiced
• Design and implement IPE faculty development
• Promote data driven decisions in evaluation of the effectiveness of IPE curriculum and practice models
• Coordinate and participate in IPE scholarship and dissemination efforts to share innovative, evidence-based, best practice IPE models
• Develop new and support or enhance existing IPE programs and curriculum across the school and university and community service learning
• Establish competencies and track performance related to interprofessional accreditation expectations for each program
• Work closely with the IPE Task Force assume a leadership role to develop, support and implement IPE curriculum
• Develop an annual schedule for IPE and university calendar for IPE events
• Create an IPE resource site for the SHS (i.e. schedule of events, outcomes, and educational resources)
• Working with the Director of Accreditation/Assessment design a competency-based IPE assessment to meet Program IPE Learning outcomes
1. Master’s degree
2. Five years of related experience in clinical healthcare.
1. Doctorate or terminal degree is desirable
2. Three (3) years administrative or teaching experience at the college/university level
3. Previous faculty experience in participating and or leading IPE learning activities
4. Coursework or training in curriculum development, assessment and evaluation
5. Experience in health improvement collaborative activities at the local, county, state or national level.
6. Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with students, staff, faculty and other administrative personnel.
7. Effective communicator (written and verbal) with a demonstrated ability to lead through shared decision making.
8. Strong organizational, interpersonal and planning skills.
Extended periods of sitting with repetitive hand/wrist motion while keying on computer or using phone. Frequent walking and standing required. May require occasional bending, stooping, squatting, reaching and occasional climbing of stairs. Simple grasping, frequent use of computer keyboard. Ability to lift/carry up to 25lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment and/or machine room with exposure to noise and cooler temperatures. Work performed during business hours that may vary between the hours of 7:00AM-9PM, M-F, occasional overtime, afterhours and/or weekend availability may be required to meet business deadlines.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and it’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude coverage for employees based on their driving record.
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18084
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency