Graduate Program Administrator
Graduate Program AdministratorDepartment:
CED AdvisingAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.College/Unit/Department website:
TRS or ORPEmployment Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
M-F 8-5, occasional nights or weekends for special events.Advertised Salary:
11/10/2020Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
12/14/2020Location of Vacancy:
Athens AreaEEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
Student Services ProfessionalFLSA:
Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Position Summary:
This position administers the graduate programs in the College of Environment and Design, University of Georgia. It requires a thorough knowledge of the College policies, various accreditation processes, university software platforms, and data systems. Previous experience working in an academic environment and campus knowledge is highly preferred. The successful candidate will deal with complex issues and questions from students and faculty and will maintain and follow university guidelines and proceduresKnowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
• Skills to handle multiple tasks with flexibility and excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to adapt to change and shift priorities when necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Positive and supportive attitude when interacting with students, faculty, and staff.
• Computer skills to include Windows and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Experience in University data systems.
Standard for a typical office environment.Is driving a responsibility of this position?:
NoIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
• Provides information and answers to anyone who has need in regard to the 12 graduate and 3 certificate programs in the College of Environment and Design.
• Works in the graduate program application systems from application process to enrollment, admitting students.
• Ensures the College stays within compliance with University guidelines and procedures.
• Generates assistantship offer letters, calculates funding with budget office, inputs student health waiver codes and chartstrings for assistantship funding codes.
• Creates positions for assistantship jobs, job position offers, job postings and hiring proposal for job in the UGA job systems.
• Determines the short work break and return to work notices in payroll systems for assistantship students. As well as maintains termination process in One USGs system.
•Attends weekly One Source Financial meetings and weekly CED Budget meetings.
• Supervises all the college graduate assistants, monitors completion of work with timesheets, schedules front desk coverage.
•Supervises the main office front desk personnel and supervises the academic advising staff on special projects or training needs to ensure correct procedures are followed.
• Manages daily operations of the Graduate Program Office.
• Monitors student progress and informs the student in order to help students stay on track with coursework and all paperwork/requirements for the thesis and dissertation defense for graduation, program of study forms, thesis and dissertation defense forms, etc.
• Verifies GPAs to maintain student enrollment or probation.
• Maintains records for all applications for new students and enrolled students along with maintaining an integral College student database.
• Uses the Athena and Banner student systems and provides customer service as needed.
• Composes various letters ranging from verifying enrollment, employment, and any type of justification need.
• Schedules class meetings in CED classrooms and reserves wall pin up space.
• Works daily on detailed projects and balances time demand with projects such as Accreditation Reports, PRAC etc.
• Maintains listservs for all graduate programs.
• Completes set up and download of semester course evaluations of faculty and distributes to Associate Dean.
• Run various Argos system reports and generate enrollment estimation reports for Dean of college.
• Approve submissions for student to complete their programs of study, approve graduations requests and confirm defense or dissertation approvals.
• Do estimate reports for credit hour production for semesters. Complete or evaluate information for Differential Tuition repots and trend data as needed.
• Serves on MLA Curriculum Committee and the MHP Faculty Committee and other committees as needed.
• Conducts in new student orientations for graduate programs and provides information on requirements, procedures/policies.
• Review and approve various course petitions, and independent study requests for exceptions to general course registration policy.
• Creates/updates assistantship tracking system.
• Submits nominations for out of state fee waivers to Graduate School and Office of Global Engagement (OGE).
• Provides support for the certificate programs.
• Processes I-9’s on the UGA verification system and gives students access to complete the required University Ethics training classes.
•Updates course information in the University Course Approval Process Automation (CAPA) system for course creations and maintaining the new course syllabus system, along with core/Gen Ed curriculum system changes.
• Controls and creates semester course loading of class schedules and CED classroom assignments in the Banner system.
• Creates various student statistical data reports.
• Works on special projects for Dean and graduate coordinators.
• Completes needed information for the program accreditation process and the completion of required annual data and documents for the MLA and MUPD Public Information Statistics. Also complete student sections of the yearly LAAB landscape architecture reports.
• Coordinates graduate student orientation week each year.
• Creates the SPK Certificate awards and maintain records on all student awards for all the University chapters and their students (18 other university chapters across the US).