Security and Facilities Representative I
This position is based at the Page Center and provides infrastructure and security support for College facilities. This role engages with building leadership and the Chief of Security to provide the best possible learning environment for students, and employee workplace, by addressing facility and security concerns in a positive and professional manner. This involves assessing problem situations and exercising tact and judgment in resolving problems. Evening, weekend and holiday hours may be required. This position is part-time and is not eligible for benefits.
- Represents the college during all interactions in a positive and professional manner.
- Administrative, support, and team activities.
- Participate in education programs and orientations as needed.
- Operates and monitors computer controlled security and fire alarm systems.
- Collaborates with Page Center leadership and employees to ensure a safe environment and that all policies and procedures are followed appropriately with an emphasis on security.
- Provides assistance to students and staff for:
- Motorist assistance including jump-starts, and assisting vehicles stuck in snow and ice.
- Safety walks for students and staff as requested.
- Direction assistance to students and visitors as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of students and employees, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other College and University law enforcement.
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively and determine if law enforcement involvement is required and/or the proper course of action.
- Must be able to make important decisions based on procedures, guidelines and knowledge without supervisor input. Ability to cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and with respect for the rights of others.
- Requires keen observation skills.
- Understanding of technology and computer applications.
- Basic building Handyman/Handyman skills
High School diploma or GED, and 2 years of security, law enforcement, and facilities management experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department. Possess a valid Arizona's Driver License. Finalists will be required to have a criminal background check.
Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or related field. Experience working in an educational setting.