Adjunct- Real Estate Appraisal (Pool)
Job Title: Adjunct- Real Estate Appraisal (Pool)
Department: Business Programs
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Employment Status: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Contract
Schedule: M-F, days and evenings, weekends as needed. Classes are located at the Downtown and Delaware campus and Regional Learning Centers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1) Teach assigned courses as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
2) Contribute to the development and maintenance of course description, course outlines, and syllabi.
3) Contribute, as appropriate, to the development of appropriate assessment techniques to measure students' performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
4) Communicate progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determine and submit students' grades in accordance with established College policies and procedures.
5) Keep accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook and departmental policies.
6) Participate in the identification of students with academic or other needs, and respond by utilizing an appropriate resource.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: appraisal standards, methods, and analysis; real estate laws and regulations; experience across a wide range of real estate topics; Microsoft Office and common real estate software applications. Skill in: instructional planning and presentation. Ability to: engage students in the teaching/learning process. Creativity in developing and delivering instruction.
Current Ohio Residential Real Estate Appraisal or Ohio General Real Estate Appraisal license. Bachelor's degree in Business, Education, or a closely related field with at least eight years full-time appraisal experience; recent appraisal work experience in the real estate industry. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrate the ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in Real Estate, Business, Management, or closely related field or higher; prior teaching experience; experience using Blackboard or other learning management system; familiarity with learning technologies and the use of them in the classroom.
Additional Information: Must be able to teach in the classroom. Applications for strictly online instructors are not being accepted at this time.