Non-Credit Instructor - Amazon Web Services Academy
Job Title: Non-Credit Instructor - Amazon Web Services Academy
Department: Workforce Innovation
Location: Columbus Campus
Employment Type: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Employment Status: Adjunct/Non-Credit Instructor
Bargaining Unit: Non-Bargaining Unit
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation Type: Contract
Schedule: Hours will depend on class schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be ableto satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonableaccommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by theAmericans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience and do not indicateorder in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or theamount of time spent on the duty.
1) Teach curriculum topics including one or more of thefollowing: AWS Academy Cloud Foundations(in preparation for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam), AWS Academy CloudArchitecture (in preparation for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect-Associate exam), AWS Academy Cloud Development (in preparation for the AWSCertified Developer- Associate exam), AWS Academy Cloud Operations (inpreparation for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator- Associate exam)
2) Use AWS Academy Curriculum to instruct students in theclassroom, as well as CSCC learning technologies as appropriate
3) Supports student learning outside the classroom throughoffice hours, email, or other means of communication
4) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance ofinstructional materials and facilities.
5) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of coursedescriptions, course outlines, and syllabi.
6) Assists, as appropriate, in the coordination and setup ofthe AWS course section and student access to the AWS learning environments, andwith obtaining AWS exam vouchers.
7) Employs appropriate informal assessment techniques tomeasure student progress toward achieving course goals and objectives.Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determinesand submits students' grades in accordance with established college policiesand procedures.
8) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance withthe Faculty Handbook and departmental policies.
9) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictableattendance and works as required in order to meet workload demands.
10) Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: mastery level of adult learning theory; delivering adult instruction; communication and computer; organizing and coordinating training programs. Skilled in: communication, verbal, non-verbal and written: ensures understanding, adjusting to audience; maintaining the audience attention; present in logical manner and summarize information to audience; defining clear goals. Ability to: focus on the customer; educate and understand customer's needs and concerns; follow a logical sequence; use learning aids build collaborative relationships.
Minimum qualifications: Must have the AWS (Amazon Web Services) certification for the class in whichyou are teaching. For instance, you must have the AWS Certified Developercertification to teach the AWS Academy Cloud Development course. You must alsowork through CSCC and AWS to become a certified AWS instructor prior to beingauthorized to teach AWS Academy courses. High school diploma or GED. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Appropriate work experience using AWS technologies.