Program Coordinator, Senior
School of InformationDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Undergraduate and graduate student and program coordination, curriculum management, course scheduling and back up support for School of Information main office. Responsibilities include maintaining the department master document and keeping it current, assisting with TA assignments and offer letters, approval of GradPath forms for our MS and PhD graduate students and assisting them with PhD requirements prior to graduation. Individual will communicate syllabi needs to meet department and university requirements. Additional duties may be assigned as needed for special projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Room and Course scheduling and enrollment management for 3 graduate and 5 undergraduate programs, 6 graduate certificates and 2 undergraduate certificates - fall, spring, winter, and summer.
- Manage a master document of schedule, faculty/GTA assignments, doctoral student support, etc.
- Submit, maintain, and update schedule of classes, including instructor and TA data for fall/winter/spring/summer.
- Submit new courses, course modifications and course deletions.
- Monitor class and departmental enrollment data, including SCH, majors, and RCM data.
- Collaborate with others on the SBS Temporary Teaching Budget Report.
- Register undergraduate and graduate students in classes, as needed.
- Lead on preparing or initiating transactions for student funding of scholarships, GA/TA assignments, offer letters and NOAs.
- Process tuition scholarships and graduate fellowships in coordination with departmental committees and business office.
- Support the department curriculum committee.
- Syllabi monitoring and reporting. Assist faculty with curriculum related requests and advise on academic policies and procedures.
- Manage exit surveys for all programs in the School with help from others.
- Process change of grade forms.
- Process book orders and request desk copies when needed.
- Meet and assist graduate students throughout their course of study, including registration, plan of study, petitions, written and oral comprehensive exams and PhD defense scheduling. Monitor graduate student progress using GradPath.
- Work closely with Director of Graduate Studies concerning graduate students and program issues, and maintain graduate student files with Manager, Administration.
- Assist with student orientations if needed, with the Graduate Program Manager as lead coordinator on orientations.
- Help distribute information to student listservs, faculty, etc.
- Assist faculty members with curriculum related and miscellaneous requests, as well as advise on academic policies and procedures.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience with University course scheduling.
- Experience with UAccess software.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$40,000 - $44,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Student Services AdminJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
11/10/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.