Assistant Director, Marketing and Communication - Graphic Design, School of Business
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-30
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Work with individuals and teams schoolwide to formulate communication strategies and tactics that achieve the School’s goals, including but not limited to positioning the School as a world-class provider of business education, achieving graduate business program enrollment targets, and promoting employment success for both undergraduate and graduate business students.
- Design and develop all visual advertising, promotional, and recruiting materials necessary to promote the School among prospective students.
- Design and develop all visual collateral necessary to meet the needs of School of Business for dean’s office, administrative departments, academic programs, centers of excellence (enrollment management, marketing readiness and employment, integrative student services), academic centers, student events and others as needed.
- Fully manage the creation, design, layout, editing, and production of the School’s annual alumni magazine and the School’s annual report.
- Write and/or edit publications including bulletins, event posters, LED screens, annual report, postcards, brochures, invitations, and other direct mail and marketing pieces.
- Oversee all of the School’s photography and videography efforts, including respective editing duties.
- Organize and maintain a comprehensive visual asset library for the Marketing and Communications team.
- Develop and evolve graphic standards to ensure consistency with School and University guidelines.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication team members to ensure the School’s website content is compelling, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Maintain relationships with and supervise work of graphic design partners and other freelancers (independent contractors and agencies).
- Procure and monitor estimates and invoices for graphic design, writing, editing, photography, videography, printing, and other professional services.
- Perform event management functions, including photography and videography as needed.
- Support the Communication and Media Relations functions of the Marketing & Communications department as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or Marketing, plus three years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to think strategically to develop and evolve initiatives based on vision/mission, goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud (esp. Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and InDesign) as well as other relevant graphic design and videography software. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to design large, complex publications like magazines and annual reports.
- Ability to understand different target audiences and develop specific materials for each.
- Excellent photography and videography skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to motivate and influence others, including faculty, staff, students, alumni, and administration.
- Ability to efficiently manage creative processes and vendors.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Proven, self-directed project management skills.
- Ability to manage complex tasks concurrently and accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to routinely meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Prior experience partnering with internal and external teams and agencies.
- Basic understanding of social media platforms and SEO.
Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.