Coordinator III, Advising-Title III Grant
Job Title: Coordinator III, Advising-Title III Grant
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 33622
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Coordinator III, Advising Title III provides management and oversight of all advising components of the project including facilitating professional development. Has a strong role in leading and planning, development, evaluation and improvement of project. Coordinates logistics, services and support surrounding significant/diverse programs or departments. Makes and communicates process decisions based on best practices. This is a grant-funded position, Continuation of the position from one academic year to the next is contingent up continued grant funding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees daily and some long-term operations of Title III Advising. Actively maintains up-to-date knowledge of area and acts as a Subject Matter Expert within area and as a point of contact and liaison for internal and external constituents
- Develops, monitors and maintains a variety of spreadsheets, databases, reports, and presents findings to internal/external constituents (may include LSCS Managers/Executives, community members, and/or outside groups and organizations)
- Enters, tracks and maintains a variety of data, including documents, spreadsheets and databases
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance with local/state/federal compliance of processes and documentation within assigned area
- Creates methods of evaluation of Title III Advising. Analyzes results and makes recommendations for revisions to objectives and strategies, with a focus on continuous program improvement.
- Coordinates and manages various department and management calendars and schedules. Plans, schedules and coordinates various meetings/seminars/events, including site selection and preparation, marketing and training materials, and general support.
- Monitors and controls resources such as office supplies and equipment needed within the department. Submits requisitions, and reviews and approves/denies purchase requests in accordance with the budget.
- Takes part in and/or leads special projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Possesses excellent organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities with the ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
Hiring salary range is $46,300 - $53,245.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.