Upward Bound Program Director
Upward Bound Program Director
Responsible for overall administration and management of a federal TRIO Upward Bound project, including fiscal management, personnel administration, participant recruitment, delivery of services, and project evaluation. The University of the Pacific's Upward Bound Program will work with Edison High School to provide services to its eligible students. This position supports the University of the Pacific's mission and Beyond our Gates initiative by capitalizing upon the resources of the TRIO grant to provide amplified support services for a targeted student population. These efforts are grounded in an understanding of the principles of student development, the unique characteristics of the student population served by TRIO, and the mission and polices of the University. In addition, this position ensures compliance with all requirements attached to the federal Title IV (TRIO) funding.
1. Administers and oversees the operations of the Upward Bound Program at the University of the Pacific.
2. Provides support and supervision to unit’s staff including the Upward Bound Program Advisor.
3. Hires and trains staff and conducts annual performance reviews.
4. In conjunction with the Executive Director, establishes the overarching programming and strategy to meet the objectives for the federal TRIO programs at the University of the Pacific.
5. Develops and supervises the implementation of grant-funded activities both on the university’s campus and at Edison High School.
6. Supervises the compilation of data and oversees the completion and submission of the federal Annual Performance Reports (APR) to the U.S. Department of Education to support continued funding of programs.
7. Participates as a member of the Leadership Team of the subdivision of the Senior Associate Vice President for Student Life within the Division of Student Life.
8. Establishes and maintains a collaborative working relationship with Stockton Unified School District, Edison High School and key community partners (i.e. social service agencies, other post secondary educational institutions, etc.) and campus representatives to best serve the interests of students who are from the target population.
9. Provides direct support services to project students and solicits direct feedback via individual and group meetings, surveys and focus groups, etc. to enhance educational opportunities.
10. Establishes yearly program goals, objectives, and student learning outcomes, monitors and assesses effectiveness of program activities and services for on campus and external funding reporting purposes.
11. Identifies opportunities for increased program efficiency, effectiveness and expediency across all unit programs’ activities.
12. Conducts individual meetings with management staff on a bi-monthly basis to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished.
13. Conducts department meetings with management staff on a bi-monthly basis to share information and to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished.
14. Prepares and presents written reports and other technical documents, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters and brochures.
15. Develops and monitors budgets and approves expenditures. Ensures timely budget reconciliation and submission to the U.S. Department of Education.
16. Responsible for ensuring the compilation and submission of data and other information to support continued funding of federal grant funds within each year of a funding cycle.
17. Represents department or unit with various constituencies.
18. Ensures compliance with University and federal guidelines.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
• Master’s Degree required in education, counseling, public administration, or related field from an accredited college/university.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the areas of staff supervision, budget management, program development, and evaluation; and reporting and compliance with federal regulations.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience with federal TRIO programs, academic support programs, or similar programs for disadvantaged students.
• Experience preferably in an Upward Bound Program.
• Experience and training in activities, programs and services that:
1. Improve academic performance, high school retention and graduation rates,
2. Promote the completion of a rigorous secondary school program of study.
3. Increase postsecondary enrollment rates and
4. Promote college degree attainment rates.
• Professional or personal experience in overcoming barriers similar to those facing project participants.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Ability to stand for extended periods of time at indoor and outdoor events. Able to lift and/or move up to 40lbs and assemble/strike displays and presentations without assistance.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed in a standard office environment, offsite in graduate fair/tradeshow environment and at other educational institutions. Work performed during standard business hours but requires some evening and weekend hours to accommodate travel and events; number of travel days each month will vary. Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time, mostly in the fall required; travel is primarily, but not limited to, within the state.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/17986
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency