Coordinator of Financial Aid
Coordinator of Financial AidTracking Code540-280 Job Description
This position will be responsible for support of customer service and systems/processing functions within the financial aid office; and will directly assist the assistant director of financial aid systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform customer service duties via the telephone and in person as needed and provide financial aid information to parents and students
- Run daily import and export files as assigned by the assistant director of systems to include but not limited to: ISIR download, CSS Profile download, COD, and EDE import and export files, merit process, packaging process, error reports, etc.
- Run daily processes as assigned by the assistant director of systems to include but not limited to: merit process, estimated awards, packaging, error reports, disbursement, loan notification, transfer monitoring, and SAP
- Process the certification of Direct Loans including Subsidized, Unsubsidized and PLUS. In addition, process certifications of Private Alternative loans
- Send Federal loan disbursement notifications
- Create RJASEAR records in Banner for federal work-study hiring, as needed
- Basic data entry of various forms. Track documents and files as necessary
- Assist with all areas of Enrollment Management on special activities/projects
- Some weekend hours are required
- Performs other site and position specific functions as assigned
ROUTINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform customer service duties via the telephone and in person as needed.
- Provide financial aid information to parents and students.
- Responsible for state programming discrepancy reporting and disbursement.
- Run daily processes as assigned by the assistant director of financial aid systems to include but not limited to: ISIR download, merit process, packaging process, award letter production, etc.
- Run import of CSS Profile files.
- Responsible for processing EDE and COD import /export on schedule.
- Responsible for running and reviewing daily integration error reports.
- Process the certification of all loans.
- Monitor and process the disbursement of funds.
- Monitor and create RJASEAR records in Banner for federal work-study employee hiring.
- Basic data entry of various forms. Track documents and files as necessary.
- Responsible for discrepancy report corrections
- Run import and export of transfer monitoring files
- The tasks involved in this position are essentially sedentary, with occasional walking, bending, light-lifting or other restricted physical activities. Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions and they do not require special sensory demands. Occasional travel to meetings required.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree; Bachelor's degree preferredRequired Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, are required; Banner and Slate experience a plus
- Ability to function and appropriately prioritize in a fast-paced, high volume environment required
- Must be a cooperative team player
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior experience in higher education is desirable
Salary grade: 5Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular