Part-time Faculty Position in Physics
Texas Lutheran University, Seguin, Texas, invites applications for a part-time teaching position in the Department of Physics, for the Spring 2021 term. We seek candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in physics
- Ability to teach undergraduate physics courses, including those with labs
- Commitment to excellence in teaching undergraduate students
- Ability to work collegially with other faculty members in the department and across campus
- Understanding and support of the mission of Texas Lutheran University
In addition to the above requirements, preference will be given to candidates offering expertise in working with diverse student populations.
The TLU Physics Department offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees leading to careers in technical and scientific fields as well as preparing students for pursuit of graduate degrees in physics, engineering, health-related and other science disciplines. In addition, the department teaches supporting courses for other science majors at Texas Lutheran as well as basic science courses for liberal arts and professional studies majors from across the university.
Please submit a letter of application addressing the above criteria, a current curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and the contact information for three professional references (names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers). Single-file, electronic submissions are preferred.
Please send submissions to [email protected].
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled.