Assistant Director of Development Services & Research
Texas Lutheran University is seeking applicants for an Assistant Director of Development Services & Research.
This full-time position reports to the Director of Development Services and assists the Development and Alumni Relations office. A comprehensive understanding of prospecting, researching, fundraising and donor relations is required.
Position requirements include:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Proficiency at identifying pools of prospects and individual prospects through constituent list segmentation and analysis, electronic database screening, and peer/constituency screening and rating
- Knowledge of Jenzabar or any other donor database
- Word Processing skills required as well as an in-depth knowledge of internet search tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must be creative, team-orientated and constituent-focused
- Must have the ability to set priorities and manage several projects at once with minimal supervision
- Independent judgment is required to analyze facts and determine actions to be taken within the limits of standard practice
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated
- Experience in higher education in a development setting preferred
- Minimum of one year as a Prospect Researcher, Prospect Developer or demonstrated equivalent preferred
- Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) Membership preferred
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
Position Application Information:
TLU, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a TLU application, resume, cover letter, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Email: [email protected]
A TLU application is mandatory for all applicants. Position will remain open until filled. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.